All B heads are not created equal

na svt

LVC Member
Reaction score
The combustion chambers of the earlier castings, 93-95, do not have the same potential when used in stock form. I don't know the part numbers nor do I have any heads from 96-98 Mark 8s. If anyone has any pics of the combustion chambers of the 96-98 heads please send them my way. See the pics below:
I only show two part numbers but will start a "good" and "bad" list.

[/URL

I'll take pics of the 97 lsc heads when i get it torn apart in a week or so.:cool:

Somebody has too much time on they're hands :D I don't have time to think nowadays.

really the gen 2 have a head advantage over the first gens. Wish it would actually help in the et time slips. Maybe with a modded motor. With four valves per cylinders a little bit at stock trim doesn't mean sh!t. But a good find for the dyno hounds! I'll see you at the track. Just like that 14 LBS sn 95 I wasted on weds. And that 6.1 liter hemi 300 that still needs to pay for that double or nothing run. 400+ HP cars don't take kindly to a mark 8 showing them whats up, @ 110mph +. Sorry!
Cann't wait till that hx35 shows up on wens. It will be in place this winter. A whole more sorries to tell people, you know!
Thats right talkin sh!t! Bring It ANY OF YOU JERSEY BOYS. YOU TOOOO GENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

All right tough guy, bring it to SSHS9 and see how you stack up with some cars your own size :)

The ONLY 4000 pound and up drag racing event that I know of. November 7, 2009, Atlanta Dragway.

http://www.sshs9.com/

Better hope burbank doesn't show up.... :D

Oh better yet... CHECKER! LOLZ!

lol Checker's car - (the Speedfactory car) was owned big time in the Big Dog finals last year against a 4200 pound 8 second TT Impala SS. It would be cool to see Burbank at SSHS9, but I do not believe he would make weight, and it needs to pass tech inspection. If it made weight, he would need to keep his car above 11.5 since there is no roll bar/cage.

YouTube - SSHS8

really the gen 2 have a head advantage over the first gens. Wish it would actually help in the et time slips. Maybe with a modded motor. With four valves per cylinders a little bit at stock trim doesn't mean sh!t. But a good find for the dyno hounds!

What's the difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 heads? They're both B heads right?
BTW, power is power, be it at the track or on the dyno. If ya don't have it, ya won't be quick.

Yeah I was was getting a little bored last nite drinkin. Thought I'd try to wake it up in here. I'd love to see some of the real fast marks at the track. Of course I wouldn't stand a chance. Hell I'd have a hard time staying with drillers car even with the spray. I got my butt kicked by my buddies honda the other nite. He went by me like I wasn't moving.

Members online

No members online now.
Back