Alarm topic

lseguy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Call me late, but Im just realizing the following:

2002 LS. The Factory alarm can be disarmed by simplying unlocking the car from the inside. Meaning, car is armed, thief breaks drivers side window, reaches in, unlocks and opens door from inside, red light on dash still blinks, but alarm is unarmed.

I'd prefer to not have an aftermarket alarm, but would rather not have the factory alarm disarmed by anything other than my keyfob.

Any suggestions?

By the way, a cheap but effective tip to enhance the factory alarm, but admittedly, it's only effective for the time that your car is in your driveway/in front of your home.

If your home has a wireless alarm system? Get a spare Motion Sensor and at night before you go to sleep/before you arm your house alarm, place it in the back deck of your car facing forward.

Have you tried this? (leave the window down instead of breaking it)

By the way, a cheap but effective tip to enhance the factory alarm, but admittedly, it's only effective for the time that your car is in your driveway/in front of your home.

If your home has a wireless alarm system? Get a spare Motion Sensor and at night before you go to sleep/before you arm your house alarm, place it in the back deck of your car facing forward.

Alternately, park it in you garage that is part of your home alarm perimeter. Bonus points for have a security camera (that gets recorded) pointed at it.

Call me late, but Im just realizing the following:

2002 LS. The Factory alarm can be disarmed by simplying unlocking the car from the inside. Meaning, car is armed, thief breaks drivers side window, reaches in, unlocks and opens door from inside, red light on dash still blinks, but alarm is unarmed.

I'd prefer to not have an aftermarket alarm, but would rather not have the factory alarm disarmed by anything other than my keyfob.

Any suggestions?

that must be a 1st gen thing, because i thought the LS disabled the lock button from the inside after a few minutes of being armed and the only way to dis arm it was either a key in door or the FOB. runs out to check car...

confirmed, it takes a few minutes but it does disable the switch from the inside when armed (at least with the 2nd gens)

Members online

No members online now.
Back