alarm on94 mark viii

Bttrfly299

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Have a 94 mark viii. The alarm goes off whenever it wants to even when it's NOT set. How can I fix it or disable it? Thanks

Bttrfly299 said:
Hi,
Have a 94 mark viii. The alarm goes off whenever it wants to even when it's NOT set. How can I fix it or disable it? Thanks

The hood sensor seems to be the most notorious reason for the alarm to just go off all by itself. Start by lookin there. Once you pop the hood it is a lil sensor on the passenger side right next to the air box.

Oh....:W to the LvC!
:Beer

Do you have a aftermarket remote start system?

Check the hood switch, it's the most common fault.

Bttrfly299 said:
Hi,

I have the same problem with my 94. I thought mine went off because of the crazy air bag suspension, thanks Ray for the advice on this too. You are very knowledgeable.

Cubby

1wykdmk8 said:
The hood sensor seems to be the most notorious reason for the alarm to just go off all by itself. Start by lookin there. Once you pop the hood it is a lil sensor on the passenger side right next to the air box.

Oh....:W to the LvC!
:Beer
thanks for taking the time to answer, I'll check that.

My 93 likes to go off after a car wash but after opening and shutting the hood a couple of times it shuts off

Sean13 said:
My 93 likes to go off after a car wash but after opening and shutting the hood a couple of times it shuts off

Purchase a new hood sensor and it should go away. Call Max at 5 Star Ford 1-800-866-1520 ext. 236 and he can hook you up. :Beer

Members online

Back