alarm going off for noo reason.. can't stop it either

devilchild said:
maybe... probably not... but shouldnt the panic... not work since the alarm is disconnected??

beleive it or not,the panic system and alam are completely seprte except for the horn and lights,

this is according to the repair dvd i have.

the dealer must be right,your car is panicking,and now you might be too.

;)

diabling the alrm is easy,not so sure about panicking.

Moes8 is correct. The panic system is controlled by the "Electronic Door Lock Control System" module located in the left quarter panel in the trunk.

According to my 94 Helms manual, pin 24, circuit 218 (W/PK wire color) is the parking lamps output. This wire goes to the alarm module, and the autolamp and park lamp relays.

The horn relay is connected to the "Electronic Door Lock Control System" also, at pin 26, circuit 6 (Y/LG). This wire is also connected to the alarm module.

So if you have the alarm module (tan in color according to my manual)disconnected, the panic will still work.

I am going to disconnect these wires on my module because I accidentally hit my panic button recentley. I just installed HID lights and I don't want them flashing on and off like that.

When my alarm started giving me trouble, I just disconnected it at the alarm module. Now that I think about it, my alarm would go off even when the alarm wasn't armed. It was probably just the panic circuit going off. When I disconnect the wires (at the "Electronic Door Lock Control System") I'll reconnect my alarm module to see if it was just the panic circuit all along.

Moes8 is correct. The panic system is controlled by the "Electronic Door Lock Control System" module located in the left quarter panel in the trunk.
i already replaced that once..it stopped for a while.. the new one has a hard plastic shield around it.. so i would think that water is not getting to it...

so i guess i have to disconnect only certain pins in the connectors.. are they the same for 93's - 96's

According to my 94 Helms manual, pin 24, circuit 218 (W/PK wire color) is the parking lamps output. This wire goes to the alarm module, and the autolamp and park lamp relays.

The horn relay is connected to the "Electronic Door Lock Control System" also, at pin 26, circuit 6 (Y/LG). This wire is also connected to the alarm module.

do you have a diagram to show me this??.. i dont understand stuff like this til i see a picture

devilchild said:
i already replaced that once..it stopped for a while.. the new one has a hard plastic shield around it.. so i would think that water is not getting to it...

so i guess i have to disconnect only certain pins in the connectors.. are they the same for 93's - 96's

I'm not sure if it is the same for the 93-96 model years. Maybe someone here with a 96 manual can check and see if the pin numbers and wire colors are the same.

I'll be disconnecting the pins on my module because I don't want the panic circuit to work on my car. If you want the panic circuit to work properly, you might want to disconnect the pins just to help you diagnose the problem.

Quote:"do you have a diagram to show me this??.. i dont understand stuff like this til i see a picture".

I agree. I'd be lost without my service manual.:)

If someone can confirm that the 96 circuit is the same as the 94 circuit, I'll scan the pinout pages and email them to you if you want.

If someone can confirm that the 96 circuit is the same as the 94 circuit, I'll scan the pinout pages and email them to you if you want.
i have a 93.. so its probably the same. . so i'd appreciate them.. so i can re-connect my horn and not worry about it waking the neighbors at various hours at night

Sorry, I thought you ment that you had a 96.

PM me your email address and I'll scan them for you. You can compare the pins and wire colors with your car to make sure. I wouldn't cut any wires, just remove them from the plug so you can always put them back if you want (and yes, I'd tape them up.:) ).

I'll include both modules. The drawings of the modules are not complete, but the pin out charts are.

I'll probably be doing the same thing tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

instead of a 26 pin connector it looks like i have 2, 13 pin connectors.. it should still be the same right??

Gee, I'm not sure.

Are the wire colors the same? If they are I'd give it a try, you can always put them back if the panic still works.

Maybe someone here has a 93 manual and can check it out for you?

Gee, I'm not sure.

Are the wire colors the same? If they are I'd give it a try, you can always put them back if the panic still works.

it should be fine.. i just remembered that my module in the trunk is out of a 95.. if thats compatible.. the wiring should match up too

Gee, I'm not sure.

hey can u send me that informatiuon on tha pins for the alarm panic hook up i need to disarm my alarm and not to wake up the FU*&ING neighbors

PM your email address to me and I'll send you the pinouts for the 2 modules. Remember that the panic and alarm are 2 separate things.

contact Billcu from a few posts ago.. hes the one who sent the diagram to me.. then its simply disconnecting 2 wires so the panic stops going off.. im still baffled with the whole ordeal.. my alarm decided to cooperate all of a sudden.. go figure

Members online

Back