airbag light

soundwaves454

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
okay some minor background on the car: had the engine oil cooler go out on me had it replaced along with a cracked thermostat housing,thermostat, a water hose, and the water tank. all 8 ignition coils were also replaced along with thd spark plugs. all within tge last two weeks. now my airbag light goes on. flashes 3 times than 4 like in 3 sequences than remains on. checked the connections under the seats seem to be good but didnt pull the seats out to make sure. can someone please help?

i had it wrong it flashes 4 times than 3. i did some research online apparently its a right side crash sensor mounting problem. i have the door panels off the car but cant see anything loose. would they be inside where the window elevators are?

i had it wrong it flashes 4 times than 3. i did some research online apparently its a right side crash sensor mounting problem. i have the door panels off the car but cant see anything loose. would they be inside where the window elevators are?

No. It's in the cabin, just below door level at the bottom of the B pillar, towards the front.

On the clockspring and some of the other SRS repairs, you can cheat a little and skip the depowering steps and usually be okay. You don't won't to do that here. The whole system needs to be depowered before you get close to that sensor.

Note that 43 is for the driver's side (left in the US) sensor, not the right side one.

Some info:

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x1kb04.htm~gen~ref.htm

i havent replaced the clockspring

ok so its on the driver side, i had the whole passenger side stripped i'll have to put everything back tomorrow and check the other side thanks
i'll post results

i havent replaced the clockspring

ok so its on the driver side, i had the whole passenger side stripped i'll have to put everything back tomorrow and check the other side thanks
i'll post results

34 would be on the passenger side. 34 would be the seatbelt take-up reel pretensioner for the front passenger.

I am assuming that you have a gen II LS (2003-2006).

yea its an 04. so i finally got around to checking the sensors and one was disconnected all the way. must have been disconnected when i changed out the rca's... thanks guys for the help

Members online

Back