Air system need help

FTINMARKVIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
can anyone help with air suspension slammed in the front now slammed all four compressor goes on and off heard the front piss out when the front went down believe son in law pulled hose to put the back down he says the batt died ? does not matter now i need a print out to trace out system to see how it runs if anyone can help have read you can get it back up but ??? how this is my last shot on this 1998 wp 74,000 almost everything done over please help

whoa. you need some punctuation.
does the pump run at all?
front is slammed, does the back hold air? is the back up?
what is the current state of the system?

you probably have a leaking bag or 2 or 3 and it burned out the compressor.

i know i cant type i can barely talk anyway, all four on the ground, when the car is turned on you hear the compressor run and son in law claims it should fill up without a problem, started when i believe local shop when smoking for vac leak put it up on lift w/o shutting off switch, drove it home and a week later went out in it and heard the passenger side piss out and pulled out of driveway when it went to the ground. Parked car then son in law came over when i was away to try his hand at fixing it, he said the back droped when batt died while working on it, kid that was there with him said he thought he pulled a hose in the back and it dropped the back, thats my story and i'm sticking too it

when the car is turned on you hear the compressor run

good start. unfortunately, a running compressor doesn't mean it will make pressure..

started when i believe local shop when smoking for vac leak put it up on lift w/o shutting off switch

not good. this has been known to cause major damage to the air bags and they will need to be replaced.

a week later went out in it and heard the passenger side piss out and pulled out of driveway when it went to the ground.

a quick sudden flat usually means it blew up. probably related to the shop messing around without the switch off.

he said the back droped when batt died while working on it

if the compressor runs the battery dead, the compressor won't make enough pressure and it will sink faster than rise.

kid that was there with him said he thought he pulled a hose in the back and it dropped the back

the only hoses in the back are the air lines. if you pull those out, it won't fill the rear bags. better put those back in.

thats my story and i'm sticking too it

well. the shop you took it to is more than likely responsible. however, they sound dumb so i'm not sure i would take it back there for them to fix..

$$$ for coils in fl guy did it for under 100 can't find a buy up north like that hate to get rid of this baby worked two years on it $$ is depleting and mind is at wits end but i agree seems like they know what we like and make it hard to fix, same with wife's 05 navg 94,000 now and all the little things are a happening

do you know if anyone has an outline of system or link to check this thing out

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/MARK VIII AREA.htm

$$$ for coils in fl guy did it for under 100 can't find a buy up north like that hate to get rid of this baby worked two years on it $$ is depleting and mind is at wits end but i agree seems like they know what we like and make it hard to fix, same with wife's 05 navg 94,000 now and all the little things are a happening

if you don't like working on the little things that come up with air suspension, coil it and be done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back