Air suspention advise

CLYDE91

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have my mark VII sitting till winter breaks should i turn my air ride off or is it a better idea to leave it on?

Jibit said:
I don't think it really matters
niether do i but since it is my first air ride car i thought id check with people that know, the only thing that concerns me is the wieght of the snow but its not that bad

My green Mark sits in the driveway for the winter. I start it about once a month and let the air suspension cycle. As soon as there is no salt on the road I'll drive it to cycle everything.

I'm afraid to let it sit for too long without cycling because if there is some moisture in the system, things might rust up. I've heard of the vent valve rusting up but I don't use mine anyway as I have a spider valve.

Like Bill does please drive it once a month and not just for the sake of the air-ride.

Doing the switch will do nothing at all. The air is in the bags so the only way to "protect" the bags would be to deflate them, this is not advised. They can handle the weight just fine. Snow can get heavy, but keep in mind its a heavy car that can seat up to FIVE people! Not to mention a trunk loaded up. I doubt if you will get more than 1,000 pounds of snow on top.

unity said:
Like Bill does please drive it once a month and not just for the sake of the air-ride.

Doing the switch will do nothing at all. The air is in the bags so the only way to "protect" the bags would be to deflate them, this is not advised. They can handle the weight just fine. Snow can get heavy, but keep in mind its a heavy car that can seat up to FIVE people! Not to mention a trunk loaded up. I doubt if you will get more than 1,000 pounds of snow on top.
extremely true didnt even think of it that way, i start it every 2 weeks or so, i dont really care about much more then the air ride since its sitting because im waiting to replace the motor over the summer so i could care less if that goes to crap on me, yea when i was asking about turning them off i was more refering to deflating them but didnt know if it was a good idea,

thanks for the help guys

Members online

No members online now.
Back