Air suspension system

fcb77

LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I've recently purchased a 95' Mark VIII and I'm looking for some feedback on the suspension system. I've noticed on several occasions after the car has sat over night that the air has been completely bleed out and the back end is damn near touching the ground. Starting the car will bring it back up again. Is this normal? The owners manual refers to the on/off switch in the trunk. The switch has always been on. It also reads if there's a temperature drop it "may appear" lower because of the air contracting. I doubt this is the case since it's not a minor change but what looks to be a complete loss of air. Thanks in advance.

Shut the switch off in the trunk before you go inside at night. If the car still drops the rear, you've got leaking air bags.

sounds like comp or bag probs, congrats on the car...more problems to come! but its all worth it

Thanks gentlemen. I'll check into your suggestions. I'm enjoying the Lincoln a lot. I've always owned a Vette and a truck. One for winter, one for summer. Decided to go a different route. Sold em' both and picked up the Lincoln. Some minor problems but in pretty good shape. Terrific ride and great power out of the V8. A lot more then I expected. Never even sat in a Lincoln before. It's a real class act.

fcb77 said:
Thanks gentlemen. I'll check into your suggestions. I'm enjoying the Lincoln a lot. I've always owned a Vette and a truck. One for winter, one for summer. Decided to go a different route. Sold em' both and picked up the Lincoln. Some minor problems but in pretty good shape. Terrific ride and great power out of the V8. A lot more then I expected. Never even sat in a Lincoln before. It's a real class act.

keep on keepin on! if you have the money( not too much) you can realy put some uber-kick in her.

Members online

No members online now.
Back