Air suspension question

brasolt03

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 94 conti is sinking in rear when shut off when started the compressor kicks on and pumps them up no problem. No before i go and buy 2 new air struts is their anything else i can check? It just seems odd that the air sturts were fine a day a go and then all of a sudden both are losing air.

thanks,
Brandon

They probably are worn out and are leaking I'm afraid you will need new air struts. Same thing happened when mine went out. Arnott, Strutmasters and American air suspension are three very good places to buy new ones. They are much less than Dealer ones. One question. does it sink fast?? Or does it take a few hours or so?

Conti the car takes a couple of hours to drop it does not just do it. I think your are right in what you are saying I will be buying one sturt this weekend and a new drier! I can only aford to do one at a time. I will look to see which one is the worst and replace it first and hopefully by the 16th I will have enough money together by then to get the other . I just hope i don't blow the compressor by then, this car is my daily diver and i do not have another one to drive!

thanks for your quick response
Brandon

The compressor should be ok for awhile, But I would replace the bag as soon as possible though. And you are welcom. Also Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome! you guys on this site are great I have been a long time reader and kind of a first time poster. I love my car picked it up for 2500dollers back in september of 05 and up and till now have barely put any money into it (which is surprising with a conti not to mention it has 145,000 miles onit) and definantly want to keep it around. After the air suspension i will go on to tackling my ongoing oil pressure/ check dcl problem.

thanks,
Brandon

your oil press gauge and check dcl problem can possibly be solved by this...

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00086.html

if that don't do it, it needs some resoldering on some connectors in one of the boards in the cluster itself. I will be updating the above procedure with info on what needs to be done fairly soon. I need to pull a 91-94 cluster for pics... and I don't have any other reason right this minute to pull the cluster from my 91. I have a 90 cluster ready to go.

if you need more info before I have it avail to public, let me know, will help you out.

Conti is right when he said strutmasters are a much better buy then going to the dealer i just ordered 2 rear air struts and solenoids and dryer for my 88 LSC all totaled 230 for parts and 20 for shipping cant wait til the parts get here and good luck with your ride

Thanks for the great responses I will definatly keep you all updated on the situation as time goes one!

thanks,
brandon

Members online

No members online now.
Back