Air Suspension Module???

Jesse

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So...
ive been a member for many years but for some reason havnt been able to logon with old account so i setup a new one old name was stray
Now thats out of the way :)

My Air control system is shot car looks like a gangsta car lol
its slammed to the ground cant even go over a speedbump
I really am not knolegable about car stuff so my friend has been helping me out.
I actually have a parts car i bought for $700 (blown head gasket) but everything else works fine
So far we swapped the air bags but wouldnt work, next swapped the air pump, no go so i bought a new one $260 ugh.
Still no go we rigged up a switch wired straight to the battery, pump goes on but it wont raise up.
Someone suggested we might try swapping out the air suspension module.
Any thoughts on this? any other ideas? and where do i find this so called module lol
any help is greatly appreciated ty

98 Mark8 LSC

Your compressor relay is probably the original culprit, and now you have the car sitting down and over traveled the sensors. Drive the car up on a couple of 2X4's so you car get a floor jack under the sub frame and jack the front end up a couple inches to get off the limits. Replace the relay. It lives next to the compressor. Be sure to turn the trunk switch on and have the doors closed and turn the key to on. You should hear the compressor come on. It mat take several key cycles before the bags get full enough for the compressor to stop timing out (causes the check suspension light).

One other thing before you start is you want to be sure that you used the two new O rings that go on the solenoids that twist into the air bags. reusing old ones is a fail for sure. Also be sure that the air lines are pushed into and holding tightly in the collets in the drier.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Back