Air Ride Switch

Terrance

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, After reading through all those search threads I have come to the conclusion that I must have a vent solenoid problem. "Check Air Ride" comes on when I get above 100kph/60mph. I can stop, turn off the car, then start it again, run system check and it comes up "Air Ride OK" it only comes on and stays on after being at high speed.
I recently had the tires rotated and forgot to turn off the air ride when they did the work and am wondering if this caused the problem. Would turning the switch off & on again trick the system or is it time for the new and improved spyder valve to replace the stock vent solenoid?

Sounds like a solenoid or blocked vent. Eddie know more than all of us (well most of us) put together!

Get the "spyder valve" from American Air Suspension. It bypasses the stock vent which corrodes over time due to where the compressor sits.

I thought about that, but I'm not sure I can justify it, I don't realistically expect to get another 10 years out of this car, and the stock dryer should be good for that... Funds are tight, I thought about a used strut, but age being the major factor, I would have to find one somebody had replaced, so I figure at a minimum, two new struts on the front and a new filter...
Today all four corners were down, and I'm still confused why both front corners would drop if only one bag were leaking??
I intend to farm the work out, I had a quote of $60 to change the right front strut, and it's more than I want to attempt myself any time soon, the rear I figure I could do at a latter time if needed.
I haven't ordered yet, but Strutmasters were ~$168, Arnott ~$180, and American Air $150 +$50 core charge...

Members online

No members online now.
Back