Air ride retention vs spring conversion

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I decided (1st course of action) the air ride worked good before it went down. I bought a super star tester. It most likely the compressor. Replacing it can restore the air ride thus eleminating spring conversion and far less remove and replacing parts. The manual says the front bumper cover has to come off and I am OK with doing it this way. Some member said once the inner fender well right side could come off thus exposing the compressor. Any members know if removing it can give axcess to the compressor? Arnott, a well known air parts manufacturer said last week when I called they no longer sell the air parts directly from their location in south Florida.bUYING DIRECT FROM TEM WAS LESS MONEY AND NO WARRANTY HASSELS LIKE BUYING FROM A 3RD PARTY PARTS COMPANY. nOW sUMMIT RACING IS 1 OF THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND PARTS HAVE TO BE BOUGHT FROM SUMMIT. iF ITS NOT THE COMPRESSOR THEN i SEARCH FOR A LEAK AND FIX IT. 2ND CHOICE. iF THE LEAK CAN'T BE FOUND AND i DON'T SEE WHY IT COULDN'T, SPRING CONVERSION CAN BE INSTALLED. i AM VERY SURE ITS THE COMPRESSOR BECAUSE THERES NO SOUND COMMING FROM IT WHEN ITS TURNED TO ON. I AM GIVING THE AIR RIDE A CHANCE TO be restored before making the mark into a spring ride. Comments welcomed Bill boats

Yeah, If you take the right side fender splash pan out, you can get at the compressor. Also if your car has any kind of miles on the fuel filter, its easy to replace with that fender pan off.

Thanks, I swing toward the inner fender as I can replace the fuel filter. Kill 2 rabbits with 1 bullet

Yeah, If you take the right side fender splash pan out, you can get at the compressor. Also if your car has any kind of miles on the fuel filter, its easy to replace with that fender pan off.
Better late than never, Thanks a bunch Merry Christmas

Members online

No members online now.
Back