air ride problems

jlee313

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have 98 mark and last week my check air ride message came on and the back bags kept deflating but i made it home and in the morning the car was pancaked to the ground...i have moisture in the rear lines and the compressor is making a loud banging noise so i guess i have a leak in the system and it fried the compressor... so going to check it out tomorrow if the weather holds up, any advice on were to start...im new to the air ride system but love it and dont want to go to coils so any help would be appreciated..

The back pair Arent as expensive as the front. If I remember right it's kind of a pain to get to that compressor?

Have to go in from pass wheel well? Probably easier to have wheel off and jack it up.

Another Texas Mark, Great.

Did your rear bags just all of a sudden start to deflate? Do they air up in when you start the car, and do they stay inflated? Could be as simple as orings on the solenoids.

the rear would pancake overnite every once in a while but two weeks ago it got really bad one night and it was having trouble keeping air in the rear bags...i got her home and the next day it was sitting on the floor , front and rear...turned the car on and the comp was making aloud noise so figured it was fried...i just ordered a kit with the comp, rear bags and solenoids...

the rear would pancake overnite every once in a while but two weeks ago it got really bad one night and it was having trouble keeping air in the rear bags...i got her home and the next day it was sitting on the floor , front and rear...turned the car on and the comp was making aloud noise so figured it was fried...i just ordered a kit with the comp, rear bags and solenoids...

There are rubber mount bushings that buffer the pump so it don't clank around. These go bad and you can hear the clanking. Might just be that. My car pancakes in day I don't care as long as it pumps up np and stays up during the day.

the car wont raise up anymore...havnt really got to check it out because of all this damn rain...but i kind of jumped the gun and ordered the rear kit already...i cant wait to get it fixed i miss driving my mark...man i get so many compliments on it, i havnt seen very many marks down here...

Members online

Back