Air Ride ??? Please Help!

perhaps you should consider purchasing a set of USED air bags from a vendor like Jamie. They won't last as long, but they'll work.

If you get a enough people together maybe he'll do it.

last I heard he said they were a PITA to build.

looking at mine, I can see what he's talking about.

but.. it's a great product none the less.. and I have the "first generation" spider valve without the water traps.

I literally SWEAR by this device.. I was so glad that I recovered it from my stolen car {stupid theives didn't know what it was)
HAHA

Sounds simple....lol. I will definately play around with that sensor and hopefully all will go well without breaking anything (finger's crossed).

What is this "spider valve" you're all talking about? Obviously its something aftermarket...but what is it used for? Sounds interesting.

fyi....i finally got the new air compressor in and I've been shutting the air ride switch off when the car is not in use. So far so good. New pump is awesome! Barely any sound...unlike the old dead one. lol

fyi....i finally got the new air compressor in and I've been shutting the air ride switch off when the car is not in use. So far so good. New pump is awesome! Barely any sound...unlike the old dead one. lol

You shouldn't have to turn off the air ride with the new pump. With the air ride off you will not get the drop at hwy speeds or adjust for loads..

Hey Kustomizingkid...well the car is raised up alright..in fact its WAAAAAYY UP. lol Tryin to get it down and I seem to be confused out of my mind cuz from all the info I got so far I still am not sure what to do with the damn sensor. In fact I'm not even sure if I have located correctly. Is it the black plasticy thing that loops just ontop of the tire??? :confused: I;m so lost! Can anyone post a pic of it if possible?

Mespock...I understand ur point perfectly. But my concern was overworking the pump again and frying it. I have a leak somewhere upfront...tho i must admit, I have had the new pump installed about a week ago and the air ride switched off and the car is still pretty high. :D Maybe the leak isnt as bad as i thought it to be.

Hey Kustomizingkid...well the car is raised up alright..in fact its WAAAAAYY UP. lol Tryin to get it down and I seem to be confused out of my mind cuz from all the info I got so far I still am not sure what to do with the damn sensor. In fact I'm not even sure if I have located correctly. Is it the black plasticy thing that loops just ontop of the tire??? :confused: I;m so lost! Can anyone post a pic of it if possible?

here you go buddy.. good article with pictures..
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/lincoln-mark-viii/Sensor-Lowering/index.htm

I have an easy question. Where are the fuses and relays related to the air ride system? I don't have my manual. Mine isn't running and I want to check the fuses first. Also can you drive a MK8 a short distance (couple miles home) with the front bags deflated ?

A local kid drove his 93 Mark with the air ride completely deflated for 3 months...

I would check the high power relay you can swap it for the abs one.

Also can you drive a MK8 a short distance (couple miles home) with the front bags deflated ?

If there is a leak/crack in the bladder, running it while it's deflated will probably make the leak worse.

Try what KK said, take the Air Ride Relay and Swap it with the ABS relay and see if the pump comes on.

The Air Ride Relay is bolted to the bracket the compressor sits in.
It's behind the passenger side splash sheild in the fender well.

The ABS relay is located in nearly the same location, but it's on the drivers side
So your gonna have to get behind both fender splash shields to do this.

IF you swap the relays and the compressor works.. you probably need a new compressor. When they get weak and tired they overload the relay.

If you think just "chunking junkyard relays" is a fix.. dont do it.

If you keep running a weak compressor your also risking shorting out the air ride computer.

A compressor can take out the relay a couple of times. but eventually it's gonna fry the computer.

"been there done that".

Members online

No members online now.
Back