air ride-on or off?

gm76053

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well someone told me that the air ride suspension should be off while in driving but i'm hearing diffenrent things abou that wat should i do?
:eek:

by off, do you mean the switch in trunk off??? if so, then no, the switch should be on whenever normal driving is going on...

Now, if your servicing car, or troubleshooting air suspension, then sometimes the switch needs to be off.

If the air suspension is sound, and not leaking, then driving with the switch off won't hurt it, but you won't get automatic load leveling and such.

MichiganTeddyBear said:
by off, do you mean the switch in trunk off??? if so, then no, the switch should be on whenever normal driving is going on...

Now, if your servicing car, or troubleshooting air suspension, then sometimes the switch needs to be off.

If the air suspension is sound, and not leaking, then driving with the switch off won't hurt it, but you won't get automatic load leveling and such.

Exactly! :iconcur:

I should add that in normal operation, the air compressor may run OCCASIONALLY... not every 5 mins, or even every 30 mins unless the load in car changes.... if it runs for 10 secs every hour of driving, I think thats about right...

In theory, as long as the load in vehicle never changes, once car is at the 'trim' height (after initial raise of car after starting), it shouldn't have to run the compressor at all. then when you shut off car and get out, car drops an inch or so.

I say take Michigans advice. The only reason I can think of for someone to tell you to leave it off is if you're bags are leaking. Is the car sagging? When the air ride leaks it is good to turn off the switch to keep the compressor from overworking itrself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back