Air ride Message

Marine

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So we did the air-non air conversion, but the message center keeps telling me there's a problem... Someone mentioned along time ago what wire to cut, can someone point me to that article, or if they know the correct wire, pass it along.

On a side note, I bought some headlight restorer from ebay, I applied it today, we'll see how it works. When I applied it, they looked pretty good. It's great to be back and drive my car. I got the brakes flushed too. Now I just have to figure out the ABS light.

There is a wire, it is behing the glove box and it is green and white. I didn't cut mine on my 93 as I wanted to make sure I had the right wire. There seemed to be a lot of green and white wires or with my eyes, a lot of wires that looked alike.

It's times like this I wish I had Rays Electronics Knowledge.

mespock said:
There is a wire, it is behing the glove box and it is green and white. I didn't cut mine on my 93 as I wanted to make sure I had the right wire. There seemed to be a lot of green and white wires or with my eyes, a lot of wires that looked alike.

It's times like this I wish I had Rays Electronics Knowledge.
I think I remember something about pin 12? I still have air on my car, but I remember reading some posts on this.

Well, I'm getting closer, I suppose I could cut all the green/white wires until it goes out, but I hate splicing them back. Whoever comes up with the answer will get my undying gratitude and I'll drink a beer for them!!!!

Thanks for the help so far.

Eddie

i was gonna say that lol.. because in the Mark VII's when doing coils change out it was saying to just unplug the air rides box not cut any wires. lol. hey hows the ride since the conversion. i am about to put KYB Struts and Shocks on my 88LSC

The ride is much nicer than I remember. Just the knowledge that the bags arent going to drop anymore makes me feel better. I bought the 3/4" lower springs, so now it's low. The cornering is tight, feels like it cut the oversteer down closer to neutral. All I need now is to replace the motor mounts (they've been in my garage for a year) but that's looks like a huge chore. I recommend the conversion to anyone who's having air ride problems. It's cheaper and you dont have to worry about it ever again. Thanks for all the help I've received on LVC, it's made life so much easier for me.

Frogman said:
I don't get it. Owners of non air ride cars want airride on their vehicles. Owners of air ride cars, don't...

I'll stick to Air Ride.
So will I Frogman :D

Now I dont agree with that, I read the posts by people who've done the conversion, and for the most part, all were happy they did. I would recommend the conversion when/if your air ride is out. It's easy enough (my wife did it while I was in Iraq) and it will save you money in the long run

JayAchTee said:
Check http://www.arnottindustries.com/file.asp?fileId=111. Instructions for disabling the air suspension system are on the last page.

Hoping this helps.

I followed the directions from this site. When I pulled the plug the check air ride message went off but then I got an warning that my air bags were also turned off.

Marine said:
Now I dont agree with that, I read the posts by people who've done the conversion, and for the most part, all were happy they did. I would recommend the conversion when/if your air ride is out. It's easy enough (my wife did it while I was in Iraq) and it will save you money in the long run

Perhaps...

But one of the reasons I like my Mark so much IS the Air Ride system. Stuff breaks over time. Some of these marks are getting to be 13 years old. What will you do if your windshield breaks? Replace it with a clear plastic sheet?

Oh well.. to each his own.

Frogman said:
Perhaps...

But one of the reasons I like my Mark so much IS the Air Ride system. Stuff breaks over time. Some of these marks are getting to be 13 years old. What will you do if your windshield breaks? Replace it with a clear plastic sheet?

Oh well.. to each his own.

If your looking to save money by going coil overs and hard wire in halogens in place of HIDS, Why not get a T-bird. Darn near the same car from the factory.
At the same time, there is nothing like a making a car your own.

mespock said:
I followed the directions from this site. When I pulled the plug the check air ride message went off but then I got an warning that my air bags were also turned off.

Bummer I brought this thread back from the dead to see if I could get his question answered?

What did I do wrong. I want to get the Air Ride message to go away. When I disconnected the plug behind the kick pannel on the passenger side I got an air bag error light instead of the Air Ride message. Did I do something wrong.

I replaced the plug and back to the Air Ride message as I don't want the air bags off.

Maybe I need to talk to my good friend Eddie.

Yes, I also was wondering about this. I unplugged the black connector in my 97 and left the air ride switch off and still got the "air ride off message". Are you supposed to leave the switch on and will unplugging the connector just kill power to the compressor, I haven't had time to investigate.

I turned my switch off, and disconnected my plug, and no message, other than door ajar.... which goes off once I go through a deep puddle.... that's a whole different problem though

Marine said:
I turned my switch off, and disconnected my plug, and no message, other than door ajar.... which goes off once I go through a deep puddle.... that's a whole different problem though
That's strange. Mine was staying on, but I hit the latches with WD40 and silicone spray.

I've done that too... I'll have to wait until the rain stops before I know if it's fixed.

I don't think its a green wire with a "white" stripe, on mine it was a green wire with a "light green" stripe. I cut the wrong one the first time due to the fact that I'm extremely color-blind,re-spliced and cut the right one and no more message. BTW, getting rid of my air-ride was the best mod that I've done to my car to date. There are those that seem to enjoy having to constantly troubleshoot air-ride systems but I ain't one of them.

Had the same problem, after skinning my knuckles reaching under there and disconnecting the black connector - the air ride message still comes on. That's with the switch in the trunk set to off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back