Air Ride Leaking Somewhere??

crookshanks

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I put a new strut on the passenger rear earlier this week because the old one was beginning to leak down, or so I thought. Well I put the new one on, and that corner still leaks. I took the solenoid off and put new o-rings on and greased it, but it still leaks. I tried the spray test and I do not visiblly see or hear any leaks on that corner or any other corner.

It only does it on that corner and after the car has been sitting for a few hours. Any idea what else could be leaking. Thanks for your help!

change the solenoid completely. i had that problem with 88 LSC i just changed both rear bags and noids and havent had a problem since.

I repalced the solenoid on that strut and it still leaks down. I ordered two new soleniods from Strutmasters today and I will replace both on the passenger side and hope that is the problem. Any other ideas as to what it might be?

Also, the drivers rear is higher up then the passenger rear. How do I fix that when there is no sensor on the driver's rear?

probably only way is to replace the driver rear bag too, or call who sold you the passenger rear bag and ask their recomendations but they will probably say it needs to break in.

I think over time the rears will level themselves out... I just replace right rear, and my left rear sits a little higher...

Yea, with only 1 sensor in back, one side effects the sensor reading more than the other.

I have replaced 3 bags on the car since I have had it. The only one that I have not replaced is on the passenger front and it was replaced shortly before I bought it. I am hoping the solenoids will make a difference since I have never actually bought a new solenoid for the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back