air ride in a t-bird?

remark

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
just curious if anyone has seen it done. seems like a lot of work but maybe not impossible?

Don't know why though.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Because the grass is always greener on the other side.

People without Air Ride want Air, and people with air, some don't have the common sense God gave a regular, garden variety turnip, and they get rid of their factory air ride in favor of coil overs.

Can you put Air on a TBird? Sure. How much money you got?

it would be more work then it would be worth. you might as well just buy a Mk Viii with air ride. or some other car.

But, would be a very cool project!

Why not just buy a Mark VIII and get the 32V DOHC engine for free.

Screw a T-bird, less a clean turbo coupe or later SC.

seems easy enough, just put some fittings on mark viii bags for the front, the back shouldnt be too much work to use aftermarket bags

fast.jpg

How about wiring in the air ride computer? Where does the computer pull speed readings from to know when to raise and lower the car?

Then, we have the whole ignition/self test functions. There is more to it than just slapping 4 bags and a compressor under the third to convert it.

^^thats what i was wondering, everything would bolt up pretty easy but i think youd end up running a lot of wire

Personally, I would rather do the opposite and put the T-Bird SC shocks on the Mark. I would retain the air ride and just wire the shock solenoids up to a switch on the dash for soft and firm selection. I did that with an '87 Mustang with '88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe shocks and struts many moons ago. And it worked nicely.

yeah, i love the air ride in the mark but its just such a pain in the ass. i recently switched everything out and i kind of wish i would have gone to struts, although i never would have forgiven myself, my pocket might

Members online

Back