Air Ride Help

85cobra

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hows it going LVC.
I have a 94 Mark viii.
Driver rear height sensor is bad. So I looked on eBay. They have the sensor but for front.
My question is:
- Can I use front height sensor in rear?
They look the same. And the plug ins also the same.
Can you help me out.

Im not interested in going to coils. I just want to enjoy my ride.

They should work in the rear. For $50 its work a shot. Im pretty sure that it makes no difference. I swapped in new sensors in my rear on my 97 and for the time being they worked just fine. I swapped over to the coils though, never had a problem with them again. But to each is own, I can understand why some may want to keep it original. Best of luck

The rear actually functions the opposite of the fronts, however. I'm pretty sure your suspension module would be sending an adjustment message that would be interpreted exactly backwards. I pilfered some sensors last time I was at Pick-n-Pull if you still need one for the rear. :D Feel free to PM me.

I believe the rear sensor sensor has a slightly different plug, but I think you can grind off the little titty on it and plug it in. You should have posted on here before buying one off of e-bay. I have a whole box of ride height sensors.

How do you know its a RR sensor is the problem being there is only one rear sensor?
Yes the front and rear sensors are different but we put a front one on the back of markviiiedreas as a temporary fix.

Members online

No members online now.
Back