Air ride error codes...how?

DVC72680

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Lincoln Brethren Please Help,
Here is what my 94 Mark VIII is doing on me.
ISSUE #1 (Sometimes) get in car and start it and CHECK AIR RIDE SYSTEM message comes up, other times it does not. Sometimes when driving and I hit a lovely Michigan E-Way bump and the front end only will slowly lower down to the point it appears the bags blew. If I pull over put it in park, and re-start the car it raises up and I can continue on my way without issue. Other times I can drive for days and it will not drop.

ISSUE #2 get home from work on a Friday and park the car and not touch it again until Monday morning and it is fine, no changes. Other times I will park the car and when I come back the following morning the FRONT LEFT bag has dropped to its lowest point. Other 3 sides are perfectly fine. Start the car and it raises and maintains it's height.

Another thing how can I find out what the exact fault code is from the air ride system? Is there a secret "launch code" series of buttons to hit?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Lincoln Brethren Please Help,
Here is what my 94 Mark VIII is doing on me.
ISSUE #1 (Sometimes) get in car and start it and CHECK AIR RIDE SYSTEM message comes up, other times it does not. Sometimes when driving and I hit a lovely Michigan E-Way bump and the front end only will slowly lower down to the point it appears the bags blew. If I pull over put it in park, and re-start the car it raises up and I can continue on my way without issue. Other times I can drive for days and it will not drop.
Compressor will only run for a short amount of time, then it faults out.
Giving you the air ride message.
ISSUE #2 get home from work on a Friday and park the car and not touch it again until Monday morning and it is fine, no changes. Other times I will park the car and when I come back the following morning the FRONT LEFT bag has dropped to its lowest point. Other 3 sides are perfectly fine. Start the car and it raises and maintains it's height.
Leaking bag. it has small cracks that allow it to leak at times when the cracks are exposed.
Another thing how can I find out what the exact fault code is from the air ride system? Is there a secret "launch code" series of buttons to hit?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Go here.....http://www.americanairsuspension.net/MARK VIII AREA.htm

I would replace the front bags before the compressor bites the dust.

yup. No point investigating anything else untill you fix the leaky bag. You could try resealing the solenoid. You buy the resealing kit from American Air suspension. if that does nto work, you need new front struts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back