AIR/OILseparator?

Really?

rofl_zpsd704e626.gif

It will be the next thing I install, as soon as I finish the muffler bearings, high rise generator cam, high speed bumper bolts and curb feelers.

I fail to understand it's purpose, if it has one.

The PCV design on some cars can consume a lot of oil. While it's easy to just top off oil as needed, this mod also keeps the gunk from building up inside the intake manifold. You empty the catch can maybe twice a year, though some designs have it sucked into the exhaust to be burned. Blowby is a much bigger problem with forced induction.

I know the PCV on my engine isn't even a "real" valve; it is a calibrated orifice, which means it allows a certain amount of air to pass at all times. There's no spring or valve to get old or stuck and thus nothing to ever replace. I'm not sure if the 2v engine has the same thing or not.

I don't think it's a bad idea to keep oil out of the intake.
But if your care to give a reason why it's dumb I'm willing to learn.

This is not needed in a town car in my opinion. Don't bother...

I installed it in my Mark because Mark VIII's have a two stage intake with 16 intake runners. Eight are always open and eight are closed until 3000 rpm with butterfly plates (imrc's). These plates are vacuum operated and open up after 3000 to double the volume of the intake and increase performance. The blow by oil deposits of the pcv system can build up on the plates and make them sick or inoperable. The only way to fix this condition is to pull the whole intake and clean everything. This situation is what I'm trying to avoid with the air/oil seperator. The air/oil separator should help keep the plates clean and functioning properly.

The town car has no such intake system so there is no concern for a air/oil separator.

Members online

No members online now.
Back