Air intake

hornet

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi- Has anyone upgraded their cold air intake? I just reprogrammed the Escalade computer and am trying to squeeze out a few more horse. Thanks.

i bought my intake off ebay for like $80 shipped. but my computer is oem not reprogrammed. really cant feel the horsepower but the torque is slightly better (i notice the takeoff from red light to red light)...

I just purchased an Airaid intake for my 2004 Escalade from Performance 4 Wheel Drive. If I remember correctly, it was about $240... They CLAIM that it will increase your performance by 15 hp. I have a MAC cold air intake on my Sport Trac, and it does add an increase in hp. I have noticed a difference in the Escalade in the short time it's been installed.

http://www.airaid.com/intakes.asp

If you can feel the power on acceleration, cool. but i doubt that it gives you 15 more horses...its the extra torque, as long as your happy.

Well, on my Ford with the 4.0 V-6, I can feel the difference! The Vortec 6000 in the Caddy is already a big increase in power over the Ford, so adding the intake should give it a bit more 'boost', I just can't tell how much yet. Actually, when you jump on the gas, you can feel it then... I'm not into trying to make it faster, I just figured it worked on the Ford, why not put one on the Caddy? (Can't love one 'child' more than the other now, can we? :) )

Members online

Back