Air Intake Tubing

Smokey

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase the factory intake assembly off an '03+ LS V8. I want everything from the TB out. I want to modify the factory setup, but do not want to hack on mine. :) I have been looking on Ebay for months and have had no success so far.

I have it still sitting in the garage floor from where I put the K&N Kit on it. What will you give me for it (plus shipping of course)?

Details:

03 v8 Stock Intake Box and TB-to-Box Assembly peice. Unmodified. I think there is an elbow missing that was reused when I put the K&N air intake on, but you will have one of these on your car that can be reused. As always, the garage spider is free - but only for a limited time.

I'll post pictures in a bit.

100_2905.jpg

100_2906.jpg

100_2907.jpg

100_2908.jpg

Hey Smokey....
Are you planning to mod your intake by cutting off the air baffles?

Been there, Done that.
I did that mod a couple of years ago on my '03. It didn't help the performance any, but it sure does look better.

AIR-IN~1.JPG

As a matter of fact it is. :)
I just did not want to do it without having spare parts in case I messed it up or needed to take it in for warranty work.
What did you use to plug up the holes? What epoxy did you use?

Using a Dremel tool, I cut off the air baffles and then cut out patches from the discarded parts to plug the holes. Sand the edges of the patches for fit and to help the epoxy adhere to the plastic. Use a high temperature epoxy that's designed for ABS plastic. After the epoxy had set, I painted the seams with a flat black paint.

It held up for 2 years without any problems.
Just make sure you use plenty of epoxy and don't have any air leaks.

I would have done the same with my '06, but went with the K&N instead.

Members online

No members online now.
Back