Air intake temperature sensor

Qicvick

LVC Member
Reaction score
posted this on tbird site but no luck, same engine so maybe someone here knows:
Air intake temperature sensor
Today, 12:41 PM

Looked this up on internet for 04 TBiid and thought I’d try it ( car runs perfect except on first start with temps below @32 degrees, until it warms up it will not stay running unless rpms are at least 2000, if it dies, it starts right back up but won’t idle, you have to sit and keep RPM’s high for a couple minutes minimum, after that it will start and run perfect rest of day.) never throws a code but motor runs very rough before it dies if RPMs are allowed to drop.
My question: the sensor shown on internet doesn’t look anything like what I see on the car, the only sensor I see on intake hose is the mass air sensor, I see some on the throttle body itself , does anyone know location of this sensor or any experience with these symptoms?

181438A4-752E-47E2-A540-FA7A0A879CF9.jpeg

The intake air temperature sensor (IAT) for the gen II engines is inside the MAF sensor assembly. It is not separately changeable. A good OBDII scan tool will tell you what temperature the sensor is reporting. It is easy enough to see if the temperature is reasonably close to the current outdoor temperature. I would do that before I threw random parts at the problem. A good quality MAF sensor is not cheap.

The intake air temperature sensor (IAT) for the gen II engines is inside the MAF sensor assembly. It is not separately changeable. A good OBDII scan tool will tell you what temperature the sensor is reporting. It is easy enough to see if the temperature is reasonably close to the current outdoor temperature. I would do that before I threw random parts at the problem. A good quality MAF sensor is not cheap.

Thank you! I’ve had the MAF sensor out and cleaned it in the past, car acts like it needs a choke to get going when it’s freezing temp, I tend to forget about it rest of year, did it this morning though, temp 31 degrees, I’ll check all the symptoms of a bad MAF :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back