air filter cover

TonyLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm losing the battle with the air filter cover. I'm trying to replace the air filter on my 2004 LS V6, and I can't get the cover off completly to switch out the filter. What's the trick here? I was able to unclip the twp clips closest to the firewall, and I loosened the hose clamp to the left of the filter box, but I can't seem to get the cover off completly. Should it just swing towards the front of the car?

Any help is appreciated

TonyLS said:
Ok, I'm losing the battle with the air filter cover. I'm trying to replace the air filter on my 2004 LS V6, and I can't get the cover off completly to switch out the filter. What's the trick here? I was able to unclip the twp clips closest to the firewall, and I loosened the hose clamp to the left of the filter box, but I can't seem to get the cover off completly. Should it just swing towards the front of the car?

Any help is appreciated
If its anything like the 02 I removed the plastic cover that covers the rad. support, this gives you a better grip to un-hook the front. I think the front just needs to be pushed down and out.

ok, so the top of the filter cover will come off completly? That makes sense now, I thought it just swung open towards the front of the car, but I don't see that there can be enough room.

thanks!

just pull out the whole assembly (just one bolt on the v8) with the intake tube. easier to do that way.

I won the battle! Thanks for your help, as always I can always count on this site for great info. I ended up taking off the little support bracket that holds the filter box in place. I also took off the plastic cover that covers the rad support. That gave me enough room to pop the air cover completly off.

Something to be said about just turning the wingnut on those old round air filter covers over the carb.

Thanks again

TonyLS said:
I won the battle! Thanks for your help, as always I can always count on this site for great info. I ended up taking off the little support bracket that holds the filter box in place. I also took off the plastic cover that covers the rad support. That gave me enough room to pop the air cover completly off.

Something to be said about just turning the wingnut on those old round air filter covers over the carb.

Thanks again
Yep those days are gone, exept for some of us that still have some of those laying around. Got to admit thou, you can sure pull alot of pieces of the LS without many tools.

OK, I have an additional question. I have not replaced mine or began to locate it. I have a 2002 LS V8. Where should this filter be located? Also, does anyone have the part information for this.

Thanks for the help.
Steve

TonyLS said:

Any help is appreciated

I just changed mine the other day, took me about 30 mins.!!!! There's about 5 clips on the opposite side of the 2 clamps. You have to push down really hard and outwards towards the headlight to get it off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back