Air conditioner blows hot air

phantom

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My air conditioner blows hot air, it is reading the temp wrong. The temp readout says it is 60 degrees but the real temp is actually 80 degrees. Why doesn't it sense the real temperature, is it a fuse, a sensor, I have no idea all I know that right now I am frying in my car, thanks.

well for starters, it does sense the real temperature, it just doesn't display what the inside temperature is, it will display the outside temp or it will display what temperature you have the climate controls set to...

unfortunately, there is no way we can tell you what is wrong with your AC over the internet, it may be the ultra common failed DCCV, you may have a leak in the compressor and have leaked out off of your refrigerant (and oil that keeps the compressor from eating itself and then damaging the rest of the system) it may be something totally different. the best course of action would be to take it somewhere where they can run the proper test to see what the actual problem is and then you will know what needs to be done to fix it, or if at this point the price is too high and you would just rather deal with it...

from basic searches, the most common fault is probably the DCCV, Does your air feel the same as ambiant air, or does it feel like the heat is actually turned on?

It doesn't feel like the heater is on, it feels like the ambient temp. The air conditioner won't kick in because it thinks the temp is 60 degrees which is what the display says even though in reality it is about 20 degrees higher.

again, it does not think that it is 60*... it knows how hot it is in the car, but there is nowhere for it to tell you what temperature the car actually thinks it is (unless you have a scanner and car read what the sensor is putting out... )

YOU have set the setting to 60, that is the temp that the car will try to cool the car down to. there are many things that can/will keep the AC compressor from kicking on.

not having the air actually heated sounds like you do not have the normal DCCV failure. your next step would be to get a set of gauges on the car and then see what is not right.

It doesn't feel like the heater is on, it feels like the ambient temp. The air conditioner won't kick in because it thinks the temp is 60 degrees which is what the display says even though in reality it is about 20 degrees higher.

Why do you say this? There is no display for interior temperature! Where are you getting that it thinks it is 60 degrees inside? Do you have a scan tool hooked up and looking at the sensors? The climate control is not like the thermostat in your house. It never displays the actual temperature. It only displays the temperatures you set it to.
Also, no matter what it thinks the interior temperature is and the exterior temperature is, it always turns the AC compressor on. It just adds heat from the heater to get to the right temperature.
If your compressor is not running, then it's because of one or more of these conditions:
1. The system pressure is too low
2. The system pressure is too high.
3. There is a wiring fault.
4. There is a DATC fault.
5. There is an engine problem.
6. The evaporator is below freezing (or its temperature sensor is faulty).

None of these things show up on the display.

One more time, The 60 degrees that you see on the display is the temperature you have set the control to, not the temperature that it thinks the car is. If there are two temperatures up on the display, then you have it in dual mode, and at least one side is set to cool to 60 degrees.

Thanks for the quick responses. What I meant to say is when I press the button to see what the outside temp is it shows 60 degrees when it actually is about 20 degrees hotter outside. I don't know if this makes a difference but about 2 months ago my mechanic replaced the fuel injectors and the wiring harness for them. Could his working on it cause the problem. I didn't try the air conditioner then because the weather was still cold.

Thanks for the quick responses. What I meant to say is when I press the button to see what the outside temp is it shows 60 degrees when it actually is about 20 degrees hotter outside. I don't know if this makes a difference but about 2 months ago my mechanic replaced the fuel injectors and the wiring harness for them. Could his working on it cause the problem. I didn't try the air conditioner then because the weather was still cold.

Having a false exterior reading of 60 degrees will not effect the AC operation. You have some other problem there. The exterior temperature sensor is in front of the radiator, behind the grill, and just above bumper level. It shouldn't be related to what your mechanic did, unless he broke it bending over the hood area.

090402667898683cbf5c4ebf7d3a9857.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.
Back