air bag light just

MrScalia

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
started to come on, it blinks

then I started the car and it doesn't come on.

today my wife is driving my car and she called to tell me about the air bag light was on.

What would make it start to light up.

Clock spring may be going causing intermittent issue. I had this for a bit, until it failed. Eventually the cruise control went and finally the horn. If there are any problems with those two, then its a good sign.

But how does it blink? The pattern will tell you. If its three followed by two (I think) then it would be driver's side air bag. So note the pattern if you can and it will tell ya exactly what is wrong.

unity said:
Clock spring may be going causing intermittent issue. I had this for a bit, until it failed. Eventually the cruise control went and finally the horn. If there are any problems with those two, then its a good sign.

But how does it blink? The pattern will tell you. If its three followed by two (I think) then it would be driver's side air bag. So note the pattern if you can and it will tell ya exactly what is wrong.

3-2 is how it blinks

32 Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open
Check the connections.

Mine is blinking too.....

Hey guys.... I have a 93 Mark VIII that the AIR BAG light is flashing once then twice..... What does that mean???

Take the information center out and remove the air bag light!!!! won't blink any more! :p

turborich said:
Take the information center out and remove the air bag light!!!! won't blink any more! :p

Then you get a dinging telling you to replace the damn bulb! :p Tried it.

Unity told me the same thing. And sure enough the cruise went out, then the cruise lights, then the horn. Took some time tho.

Same for me. Took about a month, at first I thought it was a battery issue since the air-bag system seems to freak out first when it gets low. After the cruise got funky and died I knew it was not the battery - then the horn went. I still have not replaced it.

wow it went from only coming on some times , to now only some times its not blinking
confused.gif

I have yet to replace mine. I wish the door dinger was replaced with the new air bag light bulb is burned out dinger, it's much easier on the ears.

If I remember correctly my air bag light was blinking before my alternator crapped out. May be worth checking out.

Members online

Back