air bag light flashing

95ltc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 95 tc and the air bag light is flashing, i finally took the fuse out.haha, what does this mean? the manual says take it to the dealership.

95ltc said:
i have a 95 tc and the air bag light is flashing, i finally took the fuse out.haha, what does this mean? the manual says take it to the dealership.

i have the same problem with my 95 mustang gt convertable.

i dont drive it that much (only 65,000 miles) but i am afraid what the dealership will charge for this.

that'll proally run $70 to scan it and than ask for an estimate to repair it...

(Atleast that's what we charge for a scanner hook-up to see what's going on)

now, what air bags is it talking about? the inside ones or the suspension thing?

You probably have an air suspension problem. Go to "search" on this site and search for "air suspension".

You will be able to find dozens of other Lincoln owners who have had to deal with air suspension problems in one way or another.

You will also be able to read up on what these same dozens of Lincoln owners did to fix their air ride problem, the available options, lots of owner repair advise and "testimonial" type recommendations, etc.

As for me, my tools have been stolen, I have no place to work on my car and
even though I would prefer to try to fix the air ride with replacement parts, I
am probably going to go with the coil conversion because I can do it cheaper, faster and can maybe borrow my cousin's husband's tools long enough to fix my Mark VII in the street.

his air bag light is flashing not "check air suspension".
the same thign happened in my moms old crown vic.. they said it was just a relay, and it would keep the air bag from deploying in a wreck.

Nakoa said:
his air bag light is flashing not "check air suspension".
the same thign happened in my moms old crown vic.. they said it was just a relay, and it would keep the air bag from deploying in a wreck.

lol yeah no air suspension in the mustang!

I have my own scanner and i have the same problem with my air bag light flashing... my airbags wont deploy in a wreck but i really dont care... next time i run my scanner on my car ill tell you what comes up for the airbags

thanks alot for everyones imput, ill keep in touch. i guess ill just live with it for a while.

95ltc said:
thanks alot for everyones imput, ill keep in touch. i guess ill just live with it for a while.

lol me too, if i crash in the convertable, since i only drive with the top down, the airbag probably wont save me anyway mabe i'll get 5 point belts!!

Count the flashes in the air bag light. It should give you a 2 digit code,
and you can look up the code for the problem.

On each start the light will flash a code, two times, then stay on.

I had a 95 Windstar that did that. Sold it before I could ever try and
fix it.

ok, so after the light started flashing about a month ago, i took out the fuse.... i recently replaced the fuse and bada bing! it doesnt flash anymore. so maybe you guys should do this if you have the same problem. thanks alot for everyones help!

Five flashes, or ten flashes (repeating periodically) usually means the circuit to the air bag actuator is open - usually the "watchspring" wire in the steering wheel.

Yea, If the Air bag light does come on and stay on, they are right, air bag no work. i kno this first hand when i hit a '69 Gran Torino @ ~50mph in my '00 LS V8, her bumper tore the heck out of the pass side of my front bumper. my air bags sld of gone off but didnt. good thing they didnt tho cause that wld hav messed me up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back