Ahhhh!!!!! Wtf!!!!!! Help!!!!

hytek

LVC Member
Reaction score
:mad: ok.....so i had a complete trans rebuil by aamco, cost $1989 total(torque converter,electronics, everything)......a month and a half ago. yesterday, the damn trans blew again. its slips like crazy.....doesn't even want to go up hill. it can't decide to upshift or downshift, vibrates like crazy!!! do you guys think that aamco fixed a few minor parts and charged me for a whole rebuild......or is it possible that it would totally blow again?? i have babied it since i got it back in early april(i only put a little over 1,000 miles on it). atleast i have a warranty, they have to tow it in tomorrow. has anyone had this problem?? if so, let me know how you handled it. thanks!!

That's more info than we needed Buddy...
Seriously, just be glad you have that warranty.

My brother-in-law has a '93 Mark VIII, and I remember him saying something about the valve body gasket. He said that the gasket is soft, and fairly thick, causing it to lose it's torque setting. I would guess that this is the issue, and it just needs to be re-torqued.

Don

everyone i know with a mark who had the tranny done had it blow again not too long after... i think the tranny's are jinxed

Best to put in remanufactured units like Jasper than have some bench tech try to rebuild one of these trans that they have never seen before. AAMCO had to do my 65 Coupe's 5 (five) times. I forced them to give me a lifetime.
has not failed since. Of course you have to take it back evey year for a check up but what the hey.

hytek said:
:mad: ok.....so i had a complete trans rebuil by aamco, cost $1989 total(torque converter,electronics, everything)......a month and a half ago. yesterday, the damn trans blew again. its slips like crazy.....doesn't even want to go up hill. it can't decide to upshift or downshift, vibrates like crazy!!! do you guys think that aamco fixed a few minor parts and charged me for a whole rebuild......or is it possible that it would totally blow again?? i have babied it since i got it back in early april(i only put a little over 1,000 miles on it). atleast i have a warranty, they have to tow it in tomorrow. has anyone had this problem?? if so, let me know how you handled it. thanks!!

freak out on them,get all your money back,take a weekend to visit Geno in NJ give him $1650 and never worry about your trans again.

sorry ,i know you dont live that close to Nj,but maybe you can find a similar guy to fix it,i never would use a chain store transmission shop,personally,always try to find a private rebuilder whose reputation someone can vouch for.

i didnt have 1500-2000 to spend on a trans last month ,so i took the chance an installed a late model low mileage used trans form a mustang,i figured even used it is much more up to date design wise and probably better than half the rebuilt ones i might get anyway,1998 and up trans have the mechanical diode one way clutch,plus a better valve body among other things.i have not even jmodded it yet and it shifts so much better than my old trans.

good luck,botched auto repairs really suck,i feel for you.

atleast your still under warranty. I went to cottman, $2200, and it blew at 14k (2k off warranty) 100% failure, they wouldnt do a thing. Trans shops are rediculous. There are hundreds, but one or two that know how to build one, and build it right. like Moes8 said, go freek out on them, and IMO if they dont respond to threats of litigation, start throwing :q:q:q:q. (but not at them)

hytek said:

Aamco is WIDELY known for doing what is called a "Soft Part" rebuilds that totally SUCK!!

Alomost 2k??????? WTF is it when people come to me and ask how much are Bulletproof trans is and then when I tell them they nearly freak out over $1650.00 installed? Yet people are constantly spending WAYYY more for JUNK! I don't get it.

Alomost 2k??????? WTF is it when people come to me and ask how much are Bulletproof trans is and then when I tell them they nearly freak out over $1650.00 installed? Yet people are constantly spending WAYYY more for JUNK! I don't get it.
sooo true

Does anyone know if those rebuilds come without the faults of the original tranny, excepting Geno's though, cause we know his are the new & improved version.

well....got my car back, but i didn't have aamco fix it. they told me it was a MLPS....or something like that. and its not covered by the warranty:mad: . they want $250 min. to fix. so i got it back, and i'm going to get a 2nd opinion by a local ma + pa shop and see what they tell me. btw...it was a total rebuild...not just a soft rebuild. i was also told by another mechanic that the MLPS should of been changed out with the trans b/c fords are notorious for that going bad. i'll keep you all updated when i get it fixed and let ya know what really is wrong. thankx for all your input!!

ONEBADMK8 said:
Aamco is WIDELY known for doing what is called a "Soft Part" rebuilds that totally SUCK!!

the problem with yours is that theres only one shop :( if you had a chain im sure we would all be buying it.

hytek said:
well....got my car back, but i didn't have aamco fix it. they told me it was a MLPS....or something like that. and its not covered by the warranty:mad: . they want $250 min. to fix. so i got it back, and i'm going to get a 2nd opinion by a local ma + pa shop and see what they tell me. btw...it was a total rebuild...not just a soft rebuild. i was also told by another mechanic that the MLPS should of been changed out with the trans b/c fords are notorious for that going bad. i'll keep you all updated when i get it fixed and let ya know what really is wrong. thankx for all your input!!

$250.00 !!!!???????????????????
HOLY RIPOFF! The part retails for around $60.00 and takes no more then 5 minutes to swap??
SCUMBAGS!

ONEBADMK8 said:

I would have no problem spending $1,650.00 on a trans, because it would be something i want to do and i would be getting something that is well built.

pepperman said:
I would have no problem spending $1,650.00 on a trans, because it would be something i want to do and i would be getting something that is well built.

Oh I understand you Pepp, I just meant I actually have people tell me to my face that our transmissions are SO HIGH priced?

They are going up soon too, so if someone wants one they better hurry for that price.

i had the same problem with my transmission i had to bring it back five times within the same year. they took care of it every time but it pissed me off cause when i would hit it into passing gear it would just rev out of gear and go into nuetral. Then after that i kept losing 3rd and 4th and the 5th time i had to go back there me and the owners son had words. needless to say they rebuilt it again for the third time and it didnt cost me a damn thing. if they give you a warranty that warranty covers the transmision period.all work and labor should be covered, i had to threaten them with court.

Moes8 said:
freak out on them,get all your money back,take a weekend to visit Geno in NJ give him $1650 and never worry about your trans again.

sorry ,i know you dont live that close to Nj,but maybe you can find a similar guy to fix it,i never would use a chain store transmission shop,personally,always try to find a private rebuilder whose reputation someone can vouch for.

i didnt have 1500-2000 to spend on a trans last month ,so i took the chance an installed a late model low mileage used trans form a mustang,i figured even used it is much more up to date design wise and probably better than half the rebuilt ones i might get anyway,1998 and up trans have the mechanical diode one way clutch,plus a better valve body among other things.i have not even jmodded it yet and it shifts so much better than my old trans.

good luck,botched auto repairs really suck,i feel for you.
What other transmissions fit our cars? Just in case.
Would you call the Mustang transmission an upgrade?

ONEBADMK8 said:
Oh I understand you Pepp, I just meant I actually have people tell me to my face that our transmissions are SO HIGH priced?

They are going up soon too, so if someone wants one they better hurry for that price.

Well to lots of people anything thats $1650 is a high price. Most people bitch about $100 so, x 16.5 your gonna get bitching x16.5 :)

you raisin the prices on the trans? anything new with them? (i swear im in love with mine)

for real!!! where can i get it at? should i go to lincoln? also, how is it installed? thanks!

ONEBADMK8 said:
$250.00 !!!!???????????????????
HOLY RIPOFF! The part retails for around $60.00 and takes no more then 5 minutes to swap??
SCUMBAGS!

ONEBADMK8 said:

I need a transmission build. Not because I am having problems, but because I want to route them. What exactly do you do to the transmission? J-Mods?

ONEBADMK8 said:

Man that was starting to sound really good until you said the part about the price going up soon... :( Any idea on how long I have and how much it will cost later? I was gonna wait until mine went bad, no sense in fixing something that isn't broken if ya know what I mean. @ almost 90k I don't know how much longer it has on it ;)

my95mark8 said:
What other transmissions fit our cars? Just in case.
Would you call the Mustang transmission an upgrade?

from what i learned on TCCOA.com and various other ford websites,
any 1999 (98's have the nearly bulletproof mechanical diode clutch,but 99's and up also have the revised valvebodies)and up 4r70w trans is a good bet for replacement.

you have Mustang gt's,lincoln town cars,some people say fords f150's,but i m not sure if it matters if its 4wd or 2wd.i dont know if the trans has a diiferent bellhousing for 4wd ransfer case,i purposely searched for a mustang gt trans since they are the ones used for high performance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back