Aggravating noise from drivers side

2FAST4U

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I completely removed my drivers door panel and checked every nut, bolt, latch, pin and cable and still could not find the noise. I checked all the sound deadening and cushioning and added a little here and there just to be sure.

My Gen 2 is making a scrunch sound every time I hit a bump in the road. It is aggravating but does not effect drivability. It does not sound like a metal to metal contact either, more like a metal to plastic. The part that aggravates is, it is right next to my left ear, hence the disassembly of the door panel.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience they would like to offer a solution for?
Drivers door pillar, seat belt tensioner. gremlin?

i dont know what it is, but mine has it and it is driving me nucking futs, i have been told before that it is probably the door handle moving around a little, but i cant find the cause of it for the life of me.

window regulator close to failing maybe?

i'm starting to think that it has something to do with the way that the regulator holds the window, as that little plastic plug has fallen out twice

rubber door seal making the moise as the body flexes...???? condition the seal and see if that helps

I hear the same rattling around sound when I hit bumps. I just turn up the sub til I can't hear it anymore :D

general rule is the sound is never coming from where it sounds like it is, try somewhere else ??????????????lol

Try lubing the latch on the door with white lithium spray grease, work the latch and wipe off the excess, a known noise. I have to do mine about once a year.

I had what could be a similar problem. It was by my left ear and I thought it was coming from the B pillar as it was near my ear. I even had the dealership try to find it but they could not. I managed to identify it as the plastic seal that goes around the window. It had about a 2mm gap between it and the metal and it was fluttering while driving or going over bumps. Ended up siliconing it and no more noise. Man, was that annoying while driving.

Has a similar noise in the conti. It was the rivots on the window motor. Probably not it, but I'll throw it out their anyway, fixed mine with some lithium thick spray.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Just an FYI, I lubed everything that even looked like it moved when I had the door panel removed. It looked like most of the factory lube was still there too!

I checked the regulator assembly religously as I have read a plethora of issues there. No problems I could see. I noticed some scrape marks on the paint under the door panel as if someone has removed the panel before, probably from the dealership looking for this very issue. It is annoying.

The plastic window surround seems tight. Is it supposed to have a fabric buffer between the metal grab clip and the actual door window lip it slides over? That was going to be my next try.
It almost sounds like a slight movement in the door / latch area. I have checked those and they are not even loose, nor are the front hinges.

I have discovered if I push on the door panel hard with my elbow while the car is going over a bump it does not make that sound.

Still looking.

I think I have the same sound you do.. sounds like its coming from my pillars, I am sure its not them but just that's where it sounds like its coming from. Let me know if you find a solution!

I think I have the same sound you do.. sounds like its coming from my pillars, I am sure its not them but just that's where it sounds like its coming from. Let me know if you find a solution!

Like what was posted earlier, there is a TSB (05-16-7) about lubing the door latch.

I had a similar sound for few months. It drove me crazy. I took the damn door apart like 4 times and tightened all the speaker wires and everything. I would have the rattling sound when i drive over 60-70. Holding the door panel didnt help either.

Anyways, i discovered that the vertical plastic lining that goes along the windshield got loose from the heat and wind i guess. Once those two suckers secured all the noises went away.

Members online

No members online now.
Back