Age old story - Broken grey blend door lever arm

willie3204

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, it appears the Gen2 grey blend door actuator arm accessible from the glove box is broken. Yay..
It also appears this part isn't sold anywhere though via some ancient threads I've read it does pop out of the socket to be replaced fairly easily. Who knows
Does anyone know if that part is available for purchase anywhere? If not I'll probably take a small hose clamp and do some strange things to it.

If anyone has an idea where to pick one of those pieces of junk plastic up I'll take that advice :)
The top actuator was reinforced in the past and appears to work fine. Vents are blowing correctly, the air is just too damn cold!

Thanks

Looks like your going to have to make one or keep an eye out on Ebay. Keep in mind, these brake because the motor puts too much extension movement in the metal arm that the blend door arm can not move that far. The excessive extension on the arm is what brakes it. I have an article here that gives you the exact specs to how much you need to oblong the arm hole on the grey blend door hole. Ford goofed this spec up big time on just how far the motor should push the arm down to the right before it comes to a auto stop. You might be able to oblong the hole with a dremil and you need to add a spring to keep the arm from flopping back n forth in the oblong hole.

Looks like your going to have to make one or keep an eye out on Ebay. Keep in mind, these brake because the motor puts too much extension movement in the metal arm that the blend door arm can not move that far. The excessive extension on the arm is what brakes it. I have an article here that gives you the exact specs to how much you need to oblong the arm hole on the grey blend door hole. Ford goofed this spec up big time on just how far the motor should push the arm down to the right before it comes to a auto stop. You might be able to oblong the hole with a dremil and you need to add a spring to keep the arm from flopping back n forth in the oblong hole.
Try a ZIP TIE first !

Members online

No members online now.
Back