Aftermarket tubular k-member?

Psychostang

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an aftermarket suspension company, that makes tubular k-members. I want to replace the engine cross member. It is really a bitch to work on anything on the engine. :shifty:

AJE makes tubular K-members for our cars [MN12 and FN10 body]

I just looked at their site and they mention nothing of Mark VIII, Thunderbird/cougar/supercoupe K-members. I shot them an E-mail.

Yea, I noticed that too. On one of their pages they mention the thunderbird, but not what year. They do say on there, that a custom K-member is $399? I'll pm Frogman and see what his deal was all about.

Let us know psycho... I'm about 90% sure I'll be looking for a mark within the next 6mo... and I'm building my list of parts suppliers. I'll update if anything comes back from AJE.

From my reading on other boards you need to use their control arms as well. There were many problems with the strength of the arms.

You need to use AJE's tubular A arms as well. For strict strip use they may be alright but for road use people were reporting trouble.

Oh okay... the AJE arms were causing problems on the street... I guess autocross would be TOTALLY out of the question then. Damn It!

On thier site it says they are ok for autocross, I would say if you have problems with the arms hold them accountable.

I saw a guy on another site that made additional welds and said they worked fine after that.

How has the most info on this K member subject??? I think I could fab something if I have to,but would rather buy something if possible...

Long gone.... I have see one on a Gen1 for sale local but that was over a year ago.
They were junk but I think they can be fixed.
Your best bet is to put up a post in the for sale saying you want one, here and LOD and the .org site.

With any luck a member will have one in his rafters.

Doug did a mod on his stock k to fit a canton oil pan you can find the thread on LOD

Thanx guys!! I'm calling AJE Monday Morning,really need one of these K members for phase 2 of the Mark Coyote build...

Members online

No members online now.
Back