Aftermarket Subs & Amp to Stock HU

KevinACrider

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got the THX system in my 03 and I want to add my 2 Kicker 10's to the picture. How do I go about getting the signal to my new amp? I'm assuming there are no RCA-out's on the HU so is my only option to get a line convertor and come off the rear speakers or can I come off the existing subs?

BTW, I did a search for the last 3 days and have not found exactly what I'm looking for.

You have to get a line out converter and tap into the rear speakers. You then run a remote wire from the hu back. since the battery is in the trunk you can just run your power and ground there. Its eral simple. I had MOTTS walk me through it. If you have AIM message him at Rowin2k

actually, on the thx setup I believe you can tap into the low level leads right at the amp in the trunk deck. you'll need a wiring diagram, but this should allow you to not have to use a crappy line level converter.

Hooked up my buddy's system in his 03 with THX and just tapped into the rear speakers for the converter and right to the fuse box next to the battery for an accessory as a remote. Pretty simple

that method will work but you get better sq from the low levels. probably negligible considering it's just subs though.

its called a hi-lo converter.. ur turning a hi output signal into a low bass signal.. jus splice and install.. pretty easy.. jus know which wires are speaker cables..

What about hooking up amps for lows and highs? I am gonna install 3 amps in mine, subs, mids, highs and I want to make sure I get the full range of frequencies to run into my digital crossover, not just lows. I was thinking that with the built in crossovers from the THX HU that not all the frequencies would be sent to the rear speakers.

I never did find a good remote lead in my fuse box on my 03 with THX/NAV so I used the wire in the picture below as a remote. It turns on and off with the radio and is located on the drivers side of the trunk behind the carpet. Also I used a line converter running off the factory speakers to hook RCAs up to my amp.

103-0366_IMG.JPG

I think there is an orange or red strip on it. If you have a meter it would be a good idea to check for voltage of any wire before you connect it to your amp. If I remember correctly, it is the only yellow wire in that connector (I might be wrong) If you don't find it by tomorrow night I'll get you some more info.

what color are the wires that I need to tap into and how do i get to them?

Members online

Back