aftermarket hoods???

does anyone think there would be any noticeable benefit to making it functional.

HUGE BENEFIT... Especially being a heat extracting hood... We all know the LS motors don't exactly run cool. LOL

I think we are on to something here. I know I'd buy that hood in a heartbeat.

So would I...
A friend of mine put a heat ext. hood on his mustang, and was amazed at how much cooler it ran under the hood, and all there were, were about 3 rows, 8" long, of 1/4" holes, in both indents. The vents dont have to be big, at all, for allot of gain.

I'm thinking that the fabricator and marketer should have that discussion first, then the marketer can post that price here.

Man that look great. Yes I am interested if it can be done.

I found a guy down here in South Florida that does fiberglass hoods. He doesn't do it for a living, so if he does do it, he'll only bang out like a dozen. But his work is perfect to say the least.

Please gets pics of his work.....
I will be 1st in line for a group buy......

Here is the guys work. He does Boat fiberglassing. But is a big time drag racer and does side jobs like this. I know it's a mustang, but you can see his quality.

154.jpg

163.jpg

I would honestly rather have something that helped the heat get pushed out.

Like I said something with a vent along the hood closest to the windshield from side to side, maybe 2 vents, just before the firewall or the edge of the hood.

The only way to get a good vent for the intake is doing something like Quicks hood and that is not symmetrical at all. Some other may be neat if the intake was positiond in the middle of the engine bay but its off to the driver side of the car.

I'd have to agree on this one......heat removal.....but the job wildstang607 is doing is pretty impressive. Nice one.

I'd have to agree on this one......heat removal.....but the job wildstang607 is doing is pretty impressive. Nice one.

Very impressive! If it were to actually be functional I would be all over it but even so I feel the vents are not far enough back on the hood.

Ohhhhh I will admit I love the work he did and know it would release some heat but I just don't feel as much as if it were more in the rear of the hood with just some simple design.

Great job wildstang! Lets see it become functional!

The guy I'm talking to is going to use the 03/04 cobra design. Along with the actual oem fprd vents that are in the heat extractor hood from the cobra. They'll be large enough to vent out the heat as well as far enough back to work.

Very impressive! If it were to actually be functional I would be all over it but even so I feel the vents are not far enough back on the hood.

Ohhhhh I will admit I love the work he did and know it would release some heat but I just don't feel as much as if it were more in the rear of the hood with just some simple design.

Great job wildstang! Lets see it become functional!

Better off having a hood like that where the holes are towards the front of the car. Actually, between the radiator and acessories on the front of the motor would be perfect. Too far back and you have the chance of water getting into the COP area, shorting them out.

Better off having a hood like that where the holes are towards the front of the car. Actually, between the radiator and acessories on the front of the motor would be perfect. Too far back and you have the chance of water getting into the COP area, shorting them out.
\

That's why the 03/04 Cobra's have them right behind the radiator. Pretty much directly above the accessory pulleys

Also, there is lower pressure towards the front. Too far forward, and you get into a high pressure area, and the same goes for when it is 2 far back. The 2 highest pressure areas are where the grill are, and at the base of the windshield. The hood in this thread looks to be very close to where it should be, in my opinion.

I'm going to be going there Saturday to measure up the hood and he's gonna order up a factory one from Lincoln to mock up.

If he asks. How many people would seriously be interested in getting one of these hoods?

If he asks. How many people would seriously be interested in getting one of these hoods?
My recommendation for this would be to find out how much it is going to cost and the minimum order to make them. Then, once you have the price collect all the money UP FRONT before any work is to be done. One thing I have learned is that someone may say they want one but as soon as a price is announced people back out. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt to go along with it.

I'm sure this shop you are working with will probably say the same thing.

Ok, when I go... I'll ask him minimum and how much... then I'll post a new thread for a group buy.

Thread Revival!

This was a great idea. Why did this never take off?

smarta$$ :D

I was talking about the concept in general... plus it doesn't look all too bad either.

Members online

No members online now.
Back