Aftermarket gauges in dash

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to get autometer gauges cut to fit in the stock hole for the speedo. ( i want to put a 5" tach there, and a 3-3/8" speedo where the tach is)

While still keeping the function of your other stock gauges? Probably not. Most gauge clusters have a circuit board that takes up the entire area inside the gauge cluster. You remove any part in order to put in an autometer gauge and the whole thing goes to hell.

Dominus said:
While still keeping the function of your other stock gauges? Probably not. Most gauge clusters have a circuit board that takes up the entire area inside the gauge cluster. You remove any part in order to put in an autometer gauge and the whole thing goes to hell.

ours are individual. (or so i was informed.) either way, i would put a quad guage where the temp and gas goes...so i wouldnt worry about it.

Then just get a couple of hole saws of the appropriate size, drill the necessary holes in the necessary locations inside of the gauge cluster, and mount them up.

NYC LSC said:
Put a hand made aluminum dash in the car, then get rid of the stocker and sell it.

i would do that, but i like the look of the stock plastic.

NYC LSC said:
Put a hand made aluminum dash in the car, then get rid of the stocker and sell it.

and it would be aLOT lighter. has anyone else felt how heavy these are?no wonder the car weighs so much for a 2 door.

Members online

Back