Aftermarket Fenders

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I did some searching and I can't find any mention of these so I thought I'd ask.

Looking on eBay for a new fender to replace the one that got crunched a bit right over the wheel arch and found these on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fender-...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item35c429c577&vxp=mtr
and RockAuto: VARIOUS MFR Part # FO1241268 {#XW4Z16005AA}

Any experience on these? Junkyard replacement is $175 so not horribly more for a primered unit but that also brings the quality question.

Thanks,

No experience with these but it comes down to thickness (gauge) of the metal and proper fit. Junkyard, OEM, will fit exactly but require some attention and proper priming. Aftermarket never seem to fit without some tweaking... So kind of a wash time wise. Just my two cents

The factory front fenders,,, hood,,, and trunk lid are aluminum. The fender you list is steel, and most likely a thinner gauge that will rust in a couple of years. Plus as Frat said,,, the fit of most aftermarket fenders leaves something to be desired. IMO, a quality repaint on a clean used factory fender would be your best economical route.

car-part.com
i rebuilt a black 05 ls and used a fender off a black 01... you cant tell the diff. the trim piece was the only part of the 01 that looked like it was off an 01. i just used the trim piece off the original 05 fender.
use car-part.com to find one close and dont even bother painting it.. unless you have a pinstriped ls, which is going to be difficult bc most yards dont mention stripes, just color

and remember that some yrs had problems with corrosion on the aluminum.. i know 05 did.

Members online

Back