Aftermarket/Custom MarkVIII Grills?

ninetyFourMarkV8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 94 mark VIII about three months ago and love the car. The only thing im not exactly fond about is the front grill. Does anybody know where I can find any "custom" or aftermarket grills for my car? Plus, the chrome is starting to go and it's gotten pretty scuffed up over the years. I'm new to the forums and if anybody could post some links or pictures of their grill it would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot

I second that question!

This metalized plastic chrome plating crap has got to go. Anyway I can tounch up the "chrome" trim.

I'm still tossing around the idea of having my '93 painted - I'm not wild about silver, would prefer something darker - this car was garaged by its previous owner... but the paint is old and it shows. I'm fortunate not to have any clear coat flaking off or anything... but it does have some thin spots and a few chips and nicks and scuffs. If I get it painted - the chrome goes bye-bye.

ALSO - what's a good way to prep the "chrome" plated parts for painting?

You have to make your own. Like I and many others have.

b4naftergrill.jpg

Wow that one came out real nice. I'll have to look into doing that. Did you modify the original grill or did you do that from scratch?

Custom Grill Suggestion

ninetyFourMarkV8 said:
I picked up my 94 mark VIII about three months ago and love the car. The only thing im not exactly fond about is the front grill. Does anybody know where I can find any "custom" or aftermarket grills for my car? Plus, the chrome is starting to go and it's gotten pretty scuffed up over the years. I'm new to the forums and if anybody could post some links or pictures of their grill it would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot

Try www.customcargrills.com. You can buy a uniiversal sheet of the materiel of your choice and make your own. I removed the stock grill and it made it much easier to work. Depending on the materiel you choose, you can do the whole job in three or four hours for about 40.00. There is a picture of my 93 Mark in their customer gallery. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this thread is really old but has anyone on here thought about making some money buy doing this for others on this forum for parts cost and a build fee? I would be willing to pay someone to set me up with a custom grill for my ride. I assume I'd need a new grill to start with anyhow being that mine got broke when a truck hitch backed into it.

I know this thread is really old but has anyone on here thought about making some money buy doing this for others on this forum for parts cost and a build fee? I would be willing to pay someone to set me up with a custom grill for my ride. I assume I'd need a new grill to start with anyhow being that mine got broke when a truck hitch backed into it.

Been there, offered that.:D
As before PM me for his phone number if you are serious about getting a grill.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=51591&highlight=new+grill

I like the grill i have. Maybe 1st gen grills could use an upgrade, but i would just make a batch that is less brittle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back