Aftermarket Brakes!

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What are my options? Im tired of playing with my stock brakes. Its by far one of the weekest points that the M7 comes with. Its the only thing that keeps going bad. I have only replaced the window motors, once on each side. But the brakes just seem to be the weak part. Fixing them and fixing them. Never getting the problem fixed. I have had it in the shop adout three times. And while driving it for the weekend. It brings back the same problem. It seems like the rear isn't releasing as fast as it should.

I would like to get some info, if any on a big brake upgrade.

Thanks,
ramsey

Have you looked at DiscBrakes-R-Us? They have some decent prices for bigger brakes, but most require 17 inch or bigger wheels. As I can see in your signature, you have 17's already, then they might be a place to check.

Ray. I just put a set of those big brakes on my black car.I had to modify the driver side hose a tad but no big deal.So far they feel great.Much better pedal feel.
Overall a quality product.

Sifrino3 said:
Great Site! Thanks!

No prob...I have not purchased a set yet (need to get bigger feet for my car first), but I prolly will when the time comes though....glad I could help. :steering

I will go to SVPU for a front brake upgarde. But im thinking of just getting some drilled/slotted rotors with some performance pads for the rear. I dunno, I still got a few lil things to do under the hood!

Sifrino3 said:
I will go to SVPU for a front brake upgarde. But im thinking of just getting some drilled/slotted rotors with some performance pads for the rear. I dunno, I still got a few lil things to do under the hood!
To add to the already decent list you've got? Good for you!

try getting bradied lines as well for increased pedel feel and braking power.

I was going to have everything done. After 14 years and now more power is going through the car. It only seems right to do the whole job. . . But Thanks!

Sifrino3 said:
I was going to have everything done. After 14 years and now more power is going through the car. It only seems right to do the whole job. . . But Thanks!
True, brakes are one thing never to skimp on. You may be fast, but without stopping power, your stopping power is going to come in the most unwelcome of ways, and you certainly won't be fast after that!

JoshMcMadMac said:
True, brakes are one thing never to skimp on. You may be fast, but without stopping power, your stopping power is going to come in the most unwelcome of ways, and you certainly won't be fast after that!

:I

Baer Eradispeed

I put these on my 'Vette and have been very happy with them. They are Baer Eardispeed 2 piece rotors. Won a local amateur autocross with this car agains more than 30 other C5 'Vettes. They are very strong and have great feedback. Using high performance carbon/metalic (Hawk) pads. They do dust up a bit more than the stock pads though.

No doubt I'll do something similar on my LS.

frwheel.jpg

I used Hawk HPS pads on my Intrepid and they really performed so well; no noise or vibration. I'm going to try them on the Continental when the time comes.

Sifrino3 said:
What are my options? Im tired of playing with my stock brakes. Its by far one of the weekest points that the M7 comes with. Its the only thing that keeps going bad. I have only replaced the window motors, once on each side. But the brakes just seem to be the weak part. Fixing them and fixing them. Never getting the problem fixed. I have had it in the shop adout three times. And while driving it for the weekend. It brings back the same problem. It seems like the rear isn't releasing as fast as it should.

I would like to get some info, if any on a big brake upgrade.

Thanks,
ramsey
I just got my full set of Stoptech Big Brake system on and all I can say is WOW! Previously I had Porterfield Brake Pads, Slotted Rotors and Stoptech's stainless steel braidel lines. The pedal was firm but fade would show up. The Stoptech system has virtually no fade and it will stop on a dime and give you change back. I never knew that there was brake system that would perform like the Stoptech's. The system isn't for everyone since they are pretty damn expensive.

I have B&B Brembo brakes w/ cross drilled fronts and slotted rears. Brake kit cost 3,200 for the front and 2,700 for the backs. Awesome stopping abilities on 22" wheels.

Members online

Back