After Warranty Adjustment???

PMB12

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Transmission saga continues. Called Ford last night and mentioned the After Warranty Adjustment. The woman I spoke with sounded like it was a top secret. She told me should wasn't at liberty to speak about it. Had my LS towed to the dealership this AM. Spoke with the Service Rep to tell him it was on it's way. I asked him about the AWA and he said he never heard about it.

Before heading to the dealership this afternoon I received a call from the rep at the 1st dealership I had brought it to. Apparently, his director had called him wanting to know what was going on with the car. I guess the woman at Ford was at liberty to speak to him about it. The rep was great, really helpful telling me he had pulled my service record and that there's no question I shouldn't be charged. He said he'd call the rep at dealership #2 right away and try and get this resolved.

Well, this afternoon I went to pickup my mom's new car. Yup, we bought a new vechicle from the same dealership. (Hopefully not a stupid move.) The gentleman that had put me in touch with the service rep said the rep had called him and wanted to know how I had found out about the AWA. Apparently he wasn't to happy. Gee, and just this morning he knew nothing about it.

I made my way down to the service dept. and introduced myself to the man. Acted like he had no idea who I was. Upon refreshing his memory I was told that he didn't have time to look at the car until at least Wednesday or Thursday. I reminded him he said he'd take a look at it today and of course he denied it. Then he proceeded to tell me there are no problems with the LS transimssions that he's ever heard of. Well all the sales reps there say that there's pretty much a lot of issues with them. I asked if he'd spoken to the service rep at the first dealership and he said that the rep had called him but he didn't call him back yet. This guy was ARROGANT from the get go.
After asking him to call the guy 5 times he finally did. Couldn't gather much from the conversation. But after he got off the phone he started back peddleing and offered me a loaner car for the duration. Still with an attitude though. Said he hadn't made a decision about what he was going to do regarding the AWA.

I guess I need advice.

Should I go and speak to the rep at the 1st dealership and have the car towed back to where I began. He at least seemed willing to help. I was thinking of going there in the morning but not sure if I'd be doing the right thing. The guy where the car is now seems like he's a loose cannon. Or should I call this Director of Service and tell him how things are being handled.

This is starting to drive me nuts.

A car that's just out of warranty with only 40,000 miles should be taken care of. Transmission just shouldn't go on a $45,000 car after 40,000 miles.

Has any one had any experiencewith their dealers obtaining the After Warranty Adjustment? How did you all go about it getting it okayed? It seems like this is going to take months. I was told by someone they pretty much pick and choose who they want to give it to. So after my "chat" with the rep today I think I could have a big problem.......

Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated!

Paula
01 Lincoln LS
V8
40,000 Miles

:slam

Well at my dealership in order to get an AWA you would have had to but the car from us, had all service work done there. This is a factor for us because as a consumer you have helped the dealership out by maintaing the vehicle there. The reason way you proably got an attitude is because this AWA comes out of his check. If you have had the vehicle maintained at this dealership you are talking about this will help you. One important thing is if you had the transmission flushed at 30k. What I am trying to say is if you have helped the dealership out they WILL help you out.

did they change the warranty length in 02
my lincoln ls has warranty till 50000 miles
how do i find out more info on this after warranty adjustment my lincoln has 50400 and i complained about the transmission at 49000 and they did nothing now i sometimes get an E in the spot where the p,n,r,d4,d5 is and they said there was no codes present.

The AWA is strictly a courtesy adjustment and is in no way a given. I would most definitely tow it to the original dealer that is willing to help you! At your expense if necessary!! That's a no brainer. But as to it all coming out of the dealer's pocket, that's not entirely correct. Ford participates.

Lane...the warranty is 3 or 4 years and 50,000 miles. Time is a factor too. But if you were under the time limit AND mileage when you first reported the tranny problem, you shouldn't have a serious issue getting this warrantied. I also don't know how it can't store the code it threw. Next time it gives you the "E", take it somewhere else and have the codes read. DON'T ERASE THEM! Then take it back in. If they say there aren't any codes, tell them that's funny because you just pulled code # such and such and take the car someplace else! Then call Ford and tell them the BS they are putting you through. Lincoln listens to it's consumers big time.

PMB12 said:
Hi All,

Transmission saga continues. Called Ford last night and mentioned the After Warranty Adjustment. The woman I spoke with sounded like it was a top secret. She told me should wasn't at liberty to speak about it. Had my LS towed to the dealership this AM. Spoke with the Service Rep to tell him it was on it's way. I asked him about the AWA and he said he never heard about it.

Before heading to the dealership this afternoon I received a call from the rep at the 1st dealership I had brought it to. Apparently, his director had called him wanting to know what was going on with the car. I guess the woman at Ford was at liberty to speak to him about it. The rep was great, really helpful telling me he had pulled my service record and that there's no question I shouldn't be charged. He said he'd call the rep at dealership #2 right away and try and get this resolved.

Well, this afternoon I went to pickup my mom's new car. Yup, we bought a new vechicle from the same dealership. (Hopefully not a stupid move.) The gentleman that had put me in touch with the service rep said the rep had called him and wanted to know how I had found out about the AWA. Apparently he wasn't to happy. Gee, and just this morning he knew nothing about it.

I made my way down to the service dept. and introduced myself to the man. Acted like he had no idea who I was. Upon refreshing his memory I was told that he didn't have time to look at the car until at least Wednesday or Thursday. I reminded him he said he'd take a look at it today and of course he denied it. Then he proceeded to tell me there are no problems with the LS transimssions that he's ever heard of. Well all the sales reps there say that there's pretty much a lot of issues with them. I asked if he'd spoken to the service rep at the first dealership and he said that the rep had called him but he didn't call him back yet. This guy was ARROGANT from the get go.
After asking him to call the guy 5 times he finally did. Couldn't gather much from the conversation. But after he got off the phone he started back peddleing and offered me a loaner car for the duration. Still with an attitude though. Said he hadn't made a decision about what he was going to do regarding the AWA.

I guess I need advice.

Should I go and speak to the rep at the 1st dealership and have the car towed back to where I began. He at least seemed willing to help. I was thinking of going there in the morning but not sure if I'd be doing the right thing. The guy where the car is now seems like he's a loose cannon. Or should I call this Director of Service and tell him how things are being handled.

This is starting to drive me nuts.

A car that's just out of warranty with only 40,000 miles should be taken care of. Transmission just shouldn't go on a $45,000 car after 40,000 miles.

Has any one had any experiencewith their dealers obtaining the After Warranty Adjustment? How did you all go about it getting it okayed? It seems like this is going to take months. I was told by someone they pretty much pick and choose who they want to give it to. So after my "chat" with the rep today I think I could have a big problem.......

Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated!

Paula
01 Lincoln LS
V8
40,000 Miles

:slam

My SA mentioned it to me.

I would like to clarify cbloods remark about it coming out of the guys paycheck. This is not the case; it is a hit the dealer has to take but only in regards to how many warranty hours/parts they bill fomoco. The repair does not come out of anyones check.

I would accidently drive it through their showroom.. whipe it clean.. and tell them you dont know how it got there... just a thought...
What I really would do is call that Director of Service guy, tell him how you feel, that you feel like your getting the run around...

Then again you have that loaner car... use and abuse it.. do a few neutral drops.. fuc that trans up too.. if they wana play hard ball.. play..

eL eS said:
My SA mentioned it to me.

I would like to clarify cbloods remark about it coming out of the guys paycheck. This is not the case; it is a hit the dealer has to take but only in regards to how many warranty hours/parts they bill fomoco. The repair does not come out of anyones check.
Thats funny because AWA do come out of MY paycheck. I am sure of it. The only that will not happen is if the customer is willing to pay 40%. If not any thing under comes out of our service account. That is how our dealership is set up, but it does come out of MY check. Yes I am A SA as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back