After-MKT-Suspension

APOLLO24

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to get new suspension for my 2000 v8 sport pkg. Should I stick with motorcraft or has anyone used anything else that will do just as good if not better? I'm not changing the springs just the shocks. The rear are squeaking cause one is leaking so I figure I'll change them all. Just to make sure are they shocks or does my suspension have struts? I keep my car as original as possible on exterior<she's pretty> but inside I would like to change somewhat. So what should I order and from where? :dancefool

Uh...I'm not sure...you may run into problems. Shoot...how much wheel well could you possibly be showing on 20's?

That's true...

I'll be able to judge it better when I get them put on, along with the new body kit. The only reason I would lower it is to rid the car of "the fender gap."

:monkey:

APOLLO24 said:
I need to get new suspension for my 2000 v8 sport pkg. Should I stick with motorcraft or has anyone used anything else that will do just as good if not better? I'm not changing the springs just the shocks. The rear are squeaking cause one is leaking so I figure I'll change them all. Just to make sure are they shocks or does my suspension have struts? I keep my car as original as possible on exterior<she's pretty> but inside I would like to change somewhat. So what should I order and from where? :dancefool

What are you looking to get out of it, cornering, more comfortable ride?

i believe kandy02 has his on 20'S lowered 1.75" and says he has no rubbing issues but i think his wheel or offset width might be smaller not sure.

01lssport said:
What are you looking to get out of it, cornering, more comfortable ride?
DEFINITLY Cornering. It already has the sport suspension so I don't want it for comfortable than what it was. It was just fine. :Beer

APOLLO24 said:
DEFINITLY Cornering. It already has the sport suspension so I don't want it for comfortable than what it was. It was just fine. :Beer

YOU COULD GO WITH THE EURO SHOCKS. THEY ARE A LITTLE STIFFER, IF YOU DON'T MIND REALLY FEELING THE ROAD. THIS IS WHAT I'M RUNNING. DO A SEARCH ON THIS SITE FOR SHOCKS/STRUTS, I THINK SOMEONE POSTED THE PART NUMBERS FOR EACH A WHILE AGO.
:Beer

ACTUALLY HERE ARE THE PART NUMBERS COMPLIMENTS OF GREYGHOST:

Here's a part number breakdown for the shocks on the LS.

V8 ONLY:

Base Front: 1W4Z 18124-BA
Base Rear: XW4Z 18125-AA

Sport Front: 1W4Z 18124-DA
Sport Rear: XW4Z 18125-BA

Euro Front: 1W4Z 18124-FA
Euro Rear: XW4Z 18125-CA

V6 ONLY:

Base Front: 1W4Z 18124-AA
Base Rear: XW4Z 18125-AA

Sport Front: 1W4Z 18124-CA
Sport Rear: XW4Z 18125-BA