After almost four years with her, she is gone...

Sorry to hear about the loss! Obviously when speaking about your Insurance you are referring to your Automotive Policy?

Do you own or rent your apartment?

What recourse do you have with the building's owners?

Whenever receiving a check from an insurance company make sure and check the section lower left for "Memo". Insurance Companies will try and type in Last or Final Payment...if you are plannning on any legal action in the near future have them retype the check and leave the "Memo" Section blank.

wow that is very painfull to look at bro,,, hey did you owe anitying on it of not then go online and start looking for a 03+

Hey,

It's sure been a long month! Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner. I got my check from Farmers totaling 10.3k. Not too bad at all...

I think since we got paid through our insurance company, we can't get more from the management. Maybe through small claims...
I've spoken to the owners of the civic and the corolla and we're seeing if we can at least get reimbursed for out-of-pocket money like the insurance deductible. The management has been extremely dodgy...if that's even a word. Hiring a lawyer wouldn't be financially viable. Plus, they say it was the city's fault...whatever, big headache.

I'm just glad I got my check. I did test drive another LS..'03 with 46k AND...it's Ivory Parchment like my old baby! I didn't like the spoiler in the pic, but when I saw it in person, it looks much better. The 03+ is damn quicker off the line than my '00. What do you guys think of the price? Here is the link to Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...08&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=18

Last week they advertised $18,100 (ridiculous) and my friend and I went there and talked but couldn't close the deal. I wanted 16k out the door and they wanted 16.5k plus tax. This week I see them advertising it for $16588. I called them today and they said they couldn't really move on the price since it's already quite low. They told me $16.4 is what they can do...
Is this a good deal?

jesus h. christ, thats horrible...ssooo sorry that happened man...really am...but i dont too much care for your new choice, but this is only my opinion, i think a solid color interior looks better and i like the 1st gen gauge cluster and dash area better...also, dont care for the spoiler...but regardless, its a very beautiful car...i know it wont replace your baby, but it will definitely put a smile on your face for a long time...

Damn I wish I could have had mine in there with yours. You got 10.3k thats insane. Im selling my 2000 ls8 with 94k on it and am getting bites for 7k, if anyones looking make me an offer.

Congrats on the check man, that 03 looks really nice, not a fan of the spoiler though.

Guess who's back.......

...and I'm not the only one :) Some before and after pics. I didn't get the LS with the spoiler, thank god. And ordered me a K&N 57 Series Aircharger from LSKoncepts!

Happy New Year to my LS community, you guys rock. And a really freakin Happy New Year to me :D

p.s. I don't park down there no more :shifty:

IMAGE_141.jpg

IMAGE_153.jpg

IMAGE_143.jpg

IMAGE_145.jpg

IMAGE_142.jpg

IMAGE_152.jpg

IMAGE_148.jpg

Oops, I guess I forgot about her story...
She's an '03 V8 with 55k. Same ivory parchment too! Yeah I'm perverted like that :p

Since the flooding was (of course) totally unexpected, I didn't want to start another car payment. The '06 models were more than what I wanted to spend.
I took the insurance money, which actually totaled $9300, after $1000 deductible, added some extra funds and found a great deal in Tigard, OR. Just for a few grand extra, I managed to upgrade 3 years, gain an extra 28HP, plus cut my old mileage by 50%.

Now for the bad news. I picked up the car this past Saturday and during these few days, the LS has been acting up (what's new?) I think there are a ton of TSB's that haven't been taken care of. The most annoying problem so far is the steering wheel started to make this rubbing/whining sound. Of course when I test drove it, this didn't happen. I read on the forums to add
Motorcraft friction additive to the power steering? If not, then the steering rack needs to be replaced? Great. Second, after parking outside overnight, my rear window iced up. I tried the rear defogger, and it doesn't work. I guess I expected these problems from an LS, hell I had a 2000! Among a few other small things, the car's great. And after some repairs it will be even better...I hope :( Next step I need to do is slap on my old rims and give my reborn Phoenix a wash!

Anyways, Happy New Year!

Members online

No members online now.
Back