After almost four years with her, she is gone...

LSAddict

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I don't normally post on your forums, but I have been almost logging in daily, reading up on all the funny/sad stories and informative info on this site.

I live in Seattle, and there's been some heavy rain these few days. I mean, it's Seattle, right? But this morning as I was headed out to work, I opened the door to my underground parking in my apartment complex and there was my LS, along with 3 other cars, in 3-4 feet of water. The water at that time already about engulfed my headlights..my $400 hid kit...The storm drain didn't work obviously...

I called my insurance company and after that, went to work. I sat at my desk and as the time went by, I got more upset and angry. I eventually left work and came back to look at my dead baby. I couldn't even get to the door. People at work felt bad for me, but they just told me to replace it.

That's where they won't understand...but I know you guys will. I've spent years fixing/fixing-up the LS, from the ball joints, to the stupid coil plugs, to the sagging headliner, and countless small problems,(can you tell its a 2000?) but after all that, I still loved my LS.

And it makes me want to cry now, when I think about when I looked everywhere for a custom exhaust shop to make me a magnaflow system, or when I bought my KKM filter, or when I tinted the windows, or when I bought my trenz grill, or when I added a factory spoiler, or when I bought brand new rims/tires....or when I.....well the list just continues.

I don't know, I just wanted to get some of that off my chest. I know no one outside the Lincoln community would understand my pain.

At this very point, water is still being pumped out of the garage and I will have my LS towed so a claims adjuster can take a look at it hopefully tomorrow. I loved my LS, and hopefully if I can get some money back, then I'll put it on a newer 03+ LS. I can't think of any other car I would want to drive. Anyone have suggestions? If your LS was taken from you one day, would you consider getting another one?

Thank you to the whole LS community out there, not just on LvC. These years with my LS I will never forget.

Jeff

Sorry to hear about that. I would definitely get another LS if mine was somehow taken away.

Good luck with everything.

Oh man, that's terrible. I really feel for you man and I hope that things will look up for you in the new year....or hopefully sooner.

sorry to hear that. How bad did you guys get pounded up there? I'm down in tacoma, and we didnt get hit too bad.

That was NOT the bed time story i was looking forward to. Thats a sad state of affairs my friend. Hopefully insurance has a healthy say in that. Good luck with everything and let us know what transpires.

If your insurance won't pay for your added on parts, I would pull everything off that you can before you take it in. Once they give you the check, the car... and everything attached to it is theirs!

My insurance reimburses me so long as I have the recepts

My condolences go out to you bro. I haven't known my LS that long but I feel your pain. I understand what you mean by no other car being able to replace that one due to the work and time you all spent together.

If your insurance won't pay for your added on parts, I would pull everything off that you can before you take it in. Once they give you the check, the car... and everything attached to it is theirs!

My insurance reimburses me so long as I have the recepts

Right.

Been through this before.

If you can, have it towed to your home or a friends home with a garage. Let the adjuster view it there in it's current condition. AFTER the adjustment claim is made/amount for check agreed upon, start swapping out your aftermarket stuff back to the oem stuff. Sell your aftermarket stuff for a profit, then receive ins claim check, and let them tow it away.

THAT SUCKS!!

Sorry to hear that, go and get yourself a 06 and you wont have to mod it much!! They come the pretty much decked out.

I know its been bad here. I live across Lk Wash. from you, and you are not kidding, we got pounded.
This was the second most rain we got in a 24 hour period...on record!. The 5 is closed to both directions for today, and maybe tomorrow, around Chehalis, which is about 100 miles south of Seattle.

Sorry about your car, and yes, after owning mine for a mere 7 1/2 months, I would definately look at another LS!

yeah, I'd buy another LS. I've had this one for 6 months and it's been to the shop more than the '98 Maxima was in the 5 years that we owned it. But the thing is, I actually like driving the LS. Plus, I knew what I was getting into when i bought my car. It was a factory buyback. So there's just a couple little isssues that still need some sorting out (see my thread on the leaking tranny filter...). Once those items get sorted I expect the trips to the dealership to drop off. If they don't for some reason, I'd still give the LS another go with a non-lemon car!

Anyway, sorry to hear about your car. Any photos of it taking a swim?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comforting responses, although I still feel sick to my stomach...

This morning the water was about 1-2 feet of water so I was able to finally look at my cabin. Everything is gone. I opened up my center console and my portable gps was submerged in there. I took it out even tho I'm sure it's worthless. Maybe I can sell the SD card in it. There's nothing really else I can take from it. I'm not lucky to have a friend with a shop that can swap out oem parts. I guess the KKM filter, as I do have the stock air box...but whatever. I have a trenz grill, but I had some guy install it for me, I might see if I can take it off. Nothing I can do about my exhaust system. Only thing is my rims...I think I'm going to leave them locked on..18 inch chrome Arelli's. I don't have most of my receipts unfortunately. I did find my receipt for my rims tho! It was in my driver side door compartment. I'm drying it now. As I am typing, I also see my receipt for my exhaust job. Will they cover that?

I called the tow company my insurance company set me up with. They are called Insurance Auto Auction?!? What are they going to do? Tow my car away to an auction and sell the damn thing? The tow person told me that they'll come out tomorrow, Wednesday, and to leave my car keys in the glove compartment. They'll pick it up from 6am - 7pm and have the claim adjuster look at it. Does this sound right? I would think I need to be there, shouldn't I? What happens if the claim adjuster gives me a bullcrap price?

As to the other questions, yeah, Seattle got hit bad...mostly in the North Seattle area. 15th Ave. NE and 133rd had to be closed down due to flooded streets. The manager of my apartment also owns property on 15th and many units got flooded. I guess I should be thankful I'm not out of a home too.

I do have photos of my Ls's watery grave. I'll post it later...I just feel too sick to even bother looking at them.

It was a sad sight, seeing my LS not respond to anything...No more audiophile sound system, no more growl from starting the engine, what sucks is that I still have 6 new CD's I bought from Bestbuy still stuck in the cartridge. Can I pop it out manually? I still see a business card for some Buffet place I wanted to go try with my girlfriend floating away...I thought I would feel better about this, but it just gets worse. I couldn't sleep last night, and I know I won't sleep tonight. That car meant the world to me, as pitiful as it may sound. Not many things in life make me happy, but the LS was one thing that kept me going. Not where do I go? Sorry for moping around, but I won't be ok for a while.

man that sucks, I had something happen my car a week ago, not an LS but it was my SS/SC that I got from trading in the LS. Had tons of stuff done to it: tvs, cd changer, heated/cold/massage front seats, navigation and many other lil' luxuries, quite the list of performance mods and handling mods. Everytime I looked at it I just smiled and smiled. Was a great ride than on my way to work I rearended bad by a dump truck that swurved to miss someone crossing the road. I was just getting moving again and just remember me slamming back in my seat and flying off in a guardrail. Car was totally done for. Managed to save alot of the luxuries inside and some of the engine stuff but car was not coming back to life w/out extentive work. Finally recieved my insurance check and all that, just bought another new SS/SC, had a few of the engine things put on it to get me back to the HP I had in the another one but as far as all the other things, just get sick thinking about doing all that work so I am just going to leave this one w/ what it came w/ besides the cool and massagers, grew fond of those on the way home from work.

Sorry for that, have not really getting that off my chest and your story just totally hit home w/ me. I hope you can recieve something good out of this tragic thing in the end.

Damn, dude, I don't want to think about that. I would have to get another. Sorry about your car, good luck.

Dude, I'm sorry about your LS. I understand the amount of time and not to mention $ put into her. I have an idea. While I fell in love with mine, I feel like she is a Drama Queen, who is high maintenance. If I knew she took premium octane from the get go, she would have not been bought. (with the way prices are going). She has been asking for more I had expected to pay out for in the few year I have her.

If you would like to buy mine I'll sell her to you. Really!!!!

Hey guys,

You believe my car still hasn't been towed yet? On Wed, the tow truck company sent this huge flatbed to pick up the car. Hmm, don't think it's gonna fit inside the underground parking. So I call my claims adjuster, and he says he'll have a smaller truck come out. Next day I get a call early in the morning saying they can't pick up the car until Fri. So its Fri and 10:30am. I give the tow truck company a call and they don't have any record of picking up the car. I call my claims adjuster back and made him understand how anger and frustration don't mix well. He finds out that the tow truck won't come till next Monday. I tell him to send someone to assess the car at least. He says the guy who does that has a busy schedule, but he can give me the number. I hang up and call his supervisor. I sing her a song. She says she'll have someone sent out to assess it by the end of the day. So I come back from work and wait and sure enough, I get a call from the new claims adjuster. We meet up and go take a look at the departed and he says besides the flood, the car was in great condition. He rated the body panels, paint, doors, glass, interior all "dealer ready". The engine and tranny got a normal rating, since I had 100k on her. Then we went down a whole list of options and accessories my baby had right down to the spoiler. So now I still have to wait till next Monday to get the car towed, but after that, they can get the numbers crunched and probably have a check ready by next Tuesday. At first, I was sad...and I am still sad, but who knows, maybe I can get more $$ than i could ever get if I sold my 100k 2000 LS privately. But I would never sell her in the beginning! Anyways, since I do feel better, here are some pics of my baby flooded and after the water got pumped out. I decided to keep my Arelli rims and put on the ever so lovely alloy 16 inchers.
Enjoy...

IMAGE_138.jpg

IMAGE_140.jpg

IMAGE_132.jpg

IMAGE_134.jpg

IMAGE_141.jpg

IMAGE_142.jpg

Just to do my car justice, here are the old shoes..quite dirty tho...stacked in my cramped apartment.

IMAGE_144.jpg

did you try turning her on? maybe she'll start, DUDE Im sorry about your LS. I know how you feel b/c I also lost a car that I loved, it was my dream car, 97 Lincoln MarkVIII LSC toreader red, after I fixed her up how I wanted her, she was taken from me in a heart beat. I had put new wheels on her, I had done a complete tune up to the engine, I had her painted, had all four disks and brakes done, and I lost her in a minute. Now I bought my LS and its not even half that car that the MarkVIII was. But you know what, life goes on, just get the money from the insurance and buy yourself another LS a better one. How much are you willing to spend on an LS anyways?

Hollllllyyy shiiiiiiitt man, that's messed up! Get an 06, now! Sorry bout your LS man, that's just plain nasty.

did you try turning her on? maybe she'll start, DUDE Im sorry about your LS. I know how you feel b/c I also lost a car that I loved, it was my dream car, 97 Lincoln MarkVIII LSC toreader red, after I fixed her up how I wanted her, she was taken from me in a heart beat. I had put new wheels on her, I had done a complete tune up to the engine, I had her painted, had all four disks and brakes done, and I lost her in a minute. Now I bought my LS and its not even half that car that the MarkVIII was. But you know what, life goes on, just get the money from the insurance and buy yourself another LS a better one. How much are you willing to spend on an LS anyways?

What happened to it? Stolen or wrecked?

Also, that really sucks about your car. How did the water get in the car? That doesn't look deep enough to for water to have gotten in through vents. Looks like water would have gotten in the engine though.

Can you get anything from whoever owns the garage for improperly maintaining the storm drain?

lsaddict, what are the rest of the people doing? about their cars getting flooded out?

Members online

Back