Advice Sought on Choosing Front Brake Components

3BadBirds

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a sticky front passenger caliper so I decided to have my front brakes redone with new calipers, pads, rotors, etc. Any brands or types of replacement parts that are recommended - or - that should be avoided? I was going to go middle of the road with some reman'd Cardone calipers, organic pads, and slotted rotors.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx

Ebc or hawk pads imo.
Best thing you could do is go bigger but for 13" rotors you need 17" wheels

Wagner is good brake maker, Try looking at rock auto, affordable prices, good to excellent quality depending on the price you pay

Gotcha and thanks to all for the help! I'm a regular at RockAuto but sometimes it gets confusing with all the choices and how they arrival at their economy, daily driver, and enhanced performance categories. Guess it's bet to stick with a name brand. I've always had good luck with Wagner and EBC...

For performance KVR brakes in Ottawa Canada is amazing! Stay away from Max Brakes (all over ebay & Amazon) and DBC (Disc Brake Canada aka crossdrilledrotors.ca) Max are ok for their cost, if you like changing rotors/pads 22k miles. The DBC have great looking pics on their site, but the product they send you doesn't match and is worthless. I changed mine less than 12k and they shutter and vibrate something awful. There customer service is just as bad as their parts.

Wagner is good brake maker, Try looking at rock auto, affordable prices, good to excellent quality depending on the price you pay
You can't wrong with wagner, how the brakes turn out who did you settle on?

You can't wrong with wagner, how the brakes turn out who did you settle on?

I ended up going with Wagner. I had used them in the past on my other cars and they always seemed to work out well. Just took some time for my local PepBoys to get the parts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back