ADVICE on this 94 Mark "Buy or Not"

baggedtaco

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
It seems to be pretty clean. Dark Blue on Dark Blue, really nice color. Everything works inside and out. Here is the KICKER though..It has 236K on the damn thing?? THATS alot of miles for such a clean car. I did a DMV/Auto Check on the VIN and it came back clean. Only hit against the car I can come up with is the stinkin' miles.

Its a trade deal...I am selling one of my Supercoupes and in trade this guy is offering this MarkVIII & $2300 OR $3500 for my SC...So thats $1200 for this Mark.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

A lot of miles.. but they can handle the miles.

See what's been replace for suspension. As your are going to be replacing a lot of parts that wear out.

How's the tranny?

Another thought.. The car didn't get to 200K+ for no reason.

mespock said:
A lot of miles.. but they can handle the miles.

See what's been replace for suspension. As your are going to be replacing a lot of parts that wear out.

How's the tranny?

Another thought.. The car didn't get to 200K+ for no reason.

Looking at the VIN carcheck report the majority of the miles were accumulated in a 4 year time period. All emissions inspections passed etc...

The car passes a scan check as well. Drives fine, there is nothing that I can find wrong with the car with the exception of the miles. Trans feels good, fluid looks and smells normal as well.

The suspension functions OK but the guy bought the car at an auction so he does not know the maintnance history. He is a used car dealer and picked the car up for his son. His son decided on my SC instead...heh

Thanks for the reply...

Brad

I would pass. It does not matter if 236k was accumulated in one year or four. Highway miles are fine, but 236k on a can that is 14 years old? (made in 93) You can scoop up ones for much less with the same miles off eBay or less miles for $1200 easily. I like good deals, but this does not sound like one at all! His original asking price is nuts! Go pick one up on eBay or any other car site and keep you Super Coupe!

Also you have to think about the fact that the guy wants your SC... and he's a car dealer... You know how honest they are! Plus he wouldn't be just letting it go he's making money on the deal, good money I'd guess like at least $1000.

Well I passed up the car. The right deal for me will come eventually.

I appreciate all the replies.

Brad

Good thing. That sounds like a money pit waiting to happen. If he is a dealer, chances are he paid $500 at the car auction.

GMAN said:
Good thing. That sounds like a money pit waiting to happen. If he is a dealer, chances are he paid $500 at the car auction.

The guy drove his son to view my car which was about a 200 mile trip. I saw the MarkVIII and made a comment about it being a nice car/choice. He then mentioned that he had recently picked it up at an auction for $750. So there were no secrets going on at all. He was actually a pretty nice strait-up guy far as I could tell. I did not expect him to give me the car for what he gave at the auction. He should make a lil something on the car and I would have done the same exact thing, so I saw no foul in asking $450 extra for the car.

Anyways...I am looking at the MarkVIII's for sale around my area and it seems they are VERY high dollar cars around here as compared to the midwest and east coast. I can get a BMW 740iL for the same money and less miles and there are scads of them around. Always wanted one of those cars as well...heh

Thanks for all the replies. I am kinda glad I passed up that Mark but I think it could have been an OK car for awhile regardless.

Brad

baggedtaco said:
Anyways...I am looking at the MarkVIII's for sale around my area and it seems they are VERY high dollar cars around here as compared to the midwest and east coast. I can get a BMW 740iL for the same money and less miles and there are scads of them around. Always wanted one of those cars as well...heh

Thanks for all the replies. I am kinda glad I passed up that Mark but I think it could have been an OK car for awhile regardless.

Brad

Just north of the 49th (B.C.) a '94 will fetch $5000!:eek: Demand exceeds supply:mad:

Members online

No members online now.
Back