Advice on selling aftermarket wheels

JayWhite124

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am interested in some advice on selling some aftermarket wheels I had on my 2002 Lincoln LS. I finally got tired of the ride of having 20 inch rims. I have the wheels posted in CL but many interested people ask me if I know if it will fit their make and model. I don't know how to even find that information. Also, I originally ordered the wheels from California probably close to 3 years ago and ofcourse the website I ordered from says they would fit. Upon arrival, I had to get spacers for the front wheels. So technically, could I even say in the posting that they fit a lincoln ls? I figured I might be able to sell for 600 but now I have dropped them to 400 just to get rid of them.

The posting:
I have some 20x8.5 Inch BZO Elite chrome wheels and tires. I'm not totally sure what other cars they fit but I will include information. They are used. They would be perfect for someone who really knows how to restore chrome, or for someone who wants to strip and powdercoat them. They have no curb rash on the lip because I have never hit a curb while parallel parking. Will include pictures. They are 5 lug or 4.25, 5 x 108. They are mounted and balanced on Nexen tires. 245/35/20. The tires still have 3/4 tread on them, probably more. Tires are in great shape. If you are looking for more information, please email me and I will try and find out. Here are some pics."

Any advice on selling them? I figured on the ad that I listed all the information I had on the wheels. I figured even if someone bought them for 400, that person could resell them for more to the right person for a profit. But currently they are sitting on my kitchen :-( Thanks for any advice.

JayWhite124@gmail.com

165.jpg

167.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

The best info to know is the lug pattern (which you already have) and the offset. As far as anyone asking if it fits their car just tell them to do the research on their own.

The best info to know is the lug pattern (which you already have) and the offset. As far as anyone asking if it fits their car just tell them to do the research on their own.

Offset doesn't mean much without knowing the wheel width. That would be the 3 things to know about proper fitment:

1 - Wheel dimensions (diameter and width)
2 - bolt battern
3 - offset

I always just convert offset to backspacing, that way it is a more useful number.

I don't know..... I have no idea what backspacing is but I sure know what offset I need. Most wheels will give the offset, not the backspacing; unless they're custom wheels.

I don't know..... I have no idea what backspacing is but I sure know what offset I need. Most wheels will give the offset, not the backspacing; unless they're custom wheels.

Offset is a function of width, so you do not know what offset you need without more specifics. Backspacing is the distance the wheel sticks into the wheelwell, which offset is a function of.

Members online

No members online now.
Back