Advice for top end work

fastmark1993

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm about to do my upper and lower intake manifold gaskets because they are leaking. I was Just wondering if any body has some tips/tricks, thing I could replace while this deep in, etc that would be good to know about.

Thanks guys!

Clean your IMRCs! Now is your chance to get up close and personal with them and clean them beyond what Seafoam could ever do.

Being a 2nd gen did you find the upper intake gaskets already? I've been told they are no longer available by someone on here but I haven researched my self.

Ya, I couldn't find those uppers anywhere either. The good news is that they are very nice, robust hard gaskets.

Also, you *may* be able to reach those rear heater hoses easier with the intake off. It's always nice to have more room to replace those gizmos.

I'm about to do my upper and lower intake manifold gaskets because they are leaking. I was Just wondering if any body has some tips/tricks, thing I could replace while this deep in, etc that would be good to know about.

Thanks guys!

Use only FelPro gaskets. FOLLOW The instructions. Use only the silicone that comes with the kit. Buy the whole kit for the upper intake system. Clean, clean and clean some more. Oven cleaner is great for cleaning the lower intake inside and out (unless yours is painted). Just spray it on, wait and wash it off. Tighten and torque per specs and in tightening order, don't cut corners. Make sure to seal the 4 corners where the lower intake meets the block and heads (per the instructions). Vacuum out the block and head intake ports, plug them with paper towels or rags when working on the area around them so stuff doesn't fall in them port.

Replace your lower o ring on the injectors, don't skimp. Inspect vacuum lines and replace if questionable. Nows a good time to replace plugs and wires if it is close to time.

There's more but it's late.

Night.

Just so all of us know. What dealer and how much are they going for?

I work at Waterloo ford in Canada but it was a fluke thing it wasn't even in stock. Someone had ordered them a long time ago and never picked them up and one of our parts journeyman remembered of a set.

Members online

No members online now.
Back