AdvanceTrac

JustALs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so this guy used his scanned on my car idk what he did with it but he said he just cleared the check engine light to delete stored codes to see current codes...
Now my advancetrac light is flashing and cant seem to make it stop, not sure if it still engages but it worked before he used the scanner, how can I fix this?

Sounds like he may have cleared the calibration for the steering wheel angle sensor and the yaw sensor. You have to run the calibration routine, which I think also requires that you drive in a circle while doing so.

BTW, one of my pet peeves is people clearing the CEL. It will go off on its own a few cycles after you have fixed the problem. If you didn't fix the problem, it will come back on after a few cycles. Why clear it? Let it go off on its own.

@joegr well said.
what device would I need to recalibrate?
I heard about forscan , could a bluetooth eml327 obd2 adapter with forscan lite app work?

Yes, Forscan will do it. I don't know if the lite version will or not. I've only ever used the PC version.

@joegr can this cause transmission to shift but wont engage, like when u tap on the brakes while cruising w foot still on gas the car rpm will go up slightly and feel like it slips but at highway speeds i know im in d5 last gear but wont engage like its slipping , if i press on the gas a bit the rpms will go up freely

BTW, one of my pet peeves is people clearing the CEL. It will go off on its own a few cycles after you have fixed the problem. If you didn't fix the problem, it will come back on after a few cycles. Why clear it? Let it go off on its own.

That's interesting, never knew they would clear themselves if the problem was fixed. Learn something every day! Thanks.

@joegr can this cause transmission to shift but wont engage, like when u tap on the brakes while cruising w foot still on gas the car rpm will go up slightly and feel like it slips but at highway speeds i know im in d5 last gear but wont engage like its slipping , if i press on the gas a bit the rpms will go up freely
No, not related to the AdvanceTrac.

No, not related to the AdvanceTrac.
Not to be annoying but ever since my buddy reset that shit my gears wont engage even the minute after he reset the stuff, it does shift in auto all gears but not a single one will engage and feels like its slipping but its not. Can this be related to the abs because when I asked the dude he told me he also erased the abs codes.. I should of never let him use his scanner on my car as it made things worse lol

Still, not related to ABS. He erased the PCM (engine and transmission) adaptations instead or in addition to the ABS, maybe. Generally speaking, you never want to do that, particularly if you haven't made any big changes!
Not knowing for sure exactly what he did, I can't suggest any solutions.

can this cause transmission to shift but wont engage, like when u tap on the brakes while cruising w foot still on gas the car rpm will go up slightly and feel like it slips but at highway speeds i know im in d5 last gear but wont engage like its slipping , if i press on the gas a bit the rpms will go up freely

Tapping the brakes with your other foot on the gas... disengages the torque converter clutch (TCC). That is normal operation with most vehicles.

If your transmission really is slipping, I would not drive it... because you will burn up the transmission, and that will be expensive to rebuild or replace.

At this point it sounds like your "scanner buddy" deleted more parameters than he should have... including transmission functions... maybe even including pump pressure.

I would have your car towed to a nearby reputible Ford dealer... and have them re-flash everything... and don't let your buddy near your car again.

I don't know how much re-flashing the whole car will cost... but I doubt it is cheap.

@04_Sport_LS crap I guess I will have to bring it to the dealership and from there if things get too expensive I might just buy another Lls.. And also when im stopped in D5 with my foot on the brakes for a while like at a drive thru for example my advancetrac will give me the message "check advancetrac" after I get that message my brake pedal will sink and only work for one wheel but if I pump it twice it will brake like it should, but when I get that^ my car will engage gears correctly, Its kind of strange

Thanks again everyone for all the help//info, I apretiate it!

forskin again yea do the yaw test and the advance trac light goes out he ha after a while it might come back i needled over that master cylinder for a while but i think it might be tire rotation error have same tires all round ?

@04_Sport_LS crap I guess I will have to bring it to the dealership and from there if things get too expensive I might just buy another Lls.. And also when im stopped in D5 with my foot on the brakes for a while like at a drive thru for example my advancetrac will give me the message "check advancetrac" after I get that message my brake pedal will sink and only work for one wheel but if I pump it twice it will brake like it should, but when I get that^ my car will engage gears correctly, Its kind of strange

Thanks again everyone for all the help//info, I apretiate it!
if you can call a few different dealers and ask first, small local dealers are usually better in my experience, I've gotten some to flash for free before but some large city dealers charge you just to ask you what your problem is, bunch of crooks, lol

Members online

Back