Advancetrac Light

kcam67

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My "Advancetrac" amber light is blinking on and off since yesterday and won't go away. i did a search on this issue here in the forum and most believe that it could one of three issues. (1) steering wheel angle sensor or (2) YAW sensor & (3) ABS Sensors. Anyone here have verified that it's one of these issues? Some of the fellas here believe that these sensors are located inside the cabin but is it hard to replace and is it expensive? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

2006 LS V8
75,822 miles

Yaw sensor is in the center floor console. It is not hard to get to or to replace. Replacement requires the right scan tool to be able to calibrate the new sensor.
The steering angle sensor is under the dash on the steering column, near the firewall. It may just need to be cleaned. (Try compressed air first.)
In any event, there's no point to making an expensive guess at it. You'll need the use of the right scan tool to complete the replacement anyway. You might as well use it first to find out what the problem really is.

Capture.jpgThanks for your reply. I just called O'reilly's and they told me to bring the vehicle to their store and they will do the scan for me. Upon further investigation, I did managed to find the location for the steering wheel angle sensor: http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x69006.htm~gen~ref.htm. It's in a very tight spot and a lot of twisting and turning of your body to get a good view of it or to even get to it. But, it can be done. Haven't done the YAW sensor yet. I'm going to get to it tomorrow once I scan the codes. Thanks again.

Capture.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back