Advance Trak Question

Stopsign002

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Every now and then, and I mean maybe twice a month, maybe, my advance trak light comes on and it says to "Check advance trak." Turning the car off and back on makes this go away, and advance trak still works as it should. Anyone else get this? Also, under heavy ABS conditions I get a message saying "Brake fluid low" but that goes away once the ABS stops and my fluid appears to be fine. Any ideas? Thanks guys

My experience has been that most of the time temporary AdvanceTrac failures are caused by the steering wheel angle sensor being dusty.
A code scan would let you know for sure, but there should be no harm in using some compressed air to blow the dust out of the sensor.

My experience has been that most of the time temporary AdvanceTrac failures are caused by the steering wheel angle sensor being dusty.
A code scan would let you know for sure, but there should be no harm in using some compressed air to blow the dust out of the sensor.

How would I get at this sensor? If you can point me to some documentation I can figure it out myself no problem. Thanks

I have this same problem stopsign, thanks for posting this! Id be interested in cleaning the sensor too

I was able to get the codes using a Scanner I rented from Oreilly

I was able to get the codes using a Scanner I rented from Oreilly

just curious, how much do they charge to rent these?
and did you happen to see what all its capable of reading?
TIA

Members online

No members online now.
Back