advance track module?

novs34

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Would someone be able to tell me if $600.00 plus about $200.00 in labor is about right for a computer module replacement that would restore my advance track back to normal. I had taken the car to the dealership because of a check advance track light that had been on for some time and they said after doing a diagnostic test that this was the main problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks....

novs34 said:
Would someone be able to tell me if $600.00 plus about $200.00 in labor is about right for a computer module replacement that would restore my advance track back to normal. I had taken the car to the dealership because of a check advance track light that had been on for some time and they said after doing a diagnostic test that this was the main problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks....
That sounds about right.........they will be replacing your ECM (electronic brake control module)--the part number is 1W4Z2C219CB

The part lists for about 670 and labor is about .5 hours......so around $800 either way you slice it. Unfortunately, this isn't a DIY job for anyone as you will need to extract the information from the module and store it on the computer and then upload it back onto the new module......so unless you have access to a shop where you can steal their computer, you are SOL.

Any shop...dealership or independant can do the job as long as they have a NGS tester with the proper software. However, it is SOOOOOO rare to have a module actually be defective, that I would go ahead and have the dealership do the work for you. That way, when (if) they find out it wasn't the module, they can't charge you for it. If you go to an independant shop and tell them to replace the module, when that doesn't fix your problem, you will still have to pay for it. After all, they did what you asked them to.

Members online

Back